Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mavrick
Level 7

Roku subscription. Do I have to subscribe to Roku to be able to use ?? Im on hulu !!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Roku subscription. Do I have to subscribe to Roku to be able to use ?? Im on hulu !!

No, there is no subscription to use a Roku device (player or Roku TV). You set up a free user account, then when you first set up your Roku you link it to that account. You can then install apps (called channels on Roku) and use them. Since you have a Hulu subscription, you install the Hulu channel and log into it with your Hulu credentials.

Again, there is no fee to use a Roku device, other than the original cost to buy it. If someone is telling you that you need to pay for a "premium" user account, or to link the device to your Roku user account, they are trying to scam you into paying something that isn't required. There is no such thing as any Roku user account that requires a payment or subscription.

Are there channels that you can install on a Roku that require a subscription? Certainly, such as Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, etc. But there is a lot of content available absolutely free, such as YouTube and many ad-supported streaming sites. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos