Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAMAG11
Level 7

Roku's refund policy sucks

Jump to solution

Am I the only one who thinks roku's refund policy is a bunch of BS?

I was charged for an app that I don't use and now I can't be refunded because roku's policy is once a purchase is made it's absolutely final. Anyone else experiencing these problems.?🥺🤬🤬🤔🤷

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku's refund policy sucks

Jump to solution

Hi @MAMAG11

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
HDMIGuy
Level 12

Jump to solution

Almost all apps from any provider have no refund policies.  Roku is no different than nearly everyone else.  Many apps have free trials so you can test the app.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@MAMAG11 

Amazon does have a limited time where you can return a movie, and it's an easy process. Apple has a limited time where you can return a movie, but it's a more involved process. I've never used a Google return.

For apps, Apple's is the same: limited time to initiate a return, with online forms and such to fill out. Or it was, I haven't gone through it, but I read about it some time back. I've never tried to return an app from Amazon or Google either, and I haven't researched it.

Are you talking about an app? A subscription? A purchase of a movie? What?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @MAMAG11

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
MAMAG11
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yeah Right 🤬 waste of time to contact account and billing. They never even responded to my email. I wasn't even acknowledged. Like I stated before roku's refund policy sucks big time. I think it's a bunch of BS I was charged for an app I do not even use let alone know what it is. But yet nobody at Roku wants to help me f Roku.

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 16

Jump to solution

It sounds like you may need to add a PIN to your account to keep the kids from subscribing you to things.

https://support.roku.com/article/220128567

And/or, if you don't pay for anything through Roku, consider removing your payment method.