Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Susan_Yardley
Level 7

Roku microSD Card - is this a scam?

Jump to solution

After seeing the microSD card being marketed while watching programs on Roku I researched why they were pitching it.  The explanation sounded reasonable, so I purchased one on July 7 and paid through PayPal.  PayPal process the payment for the chip and postage charges (as much as the chip itself) when Roku alleged that they had shipped the chip on July 8, 2020.  I received an email with a shipment notification and a track shipment button.  The track shipment button takes me to the USPS which states that a label was created on July 8, 2020.  And there is stops.  Nothing more to report as of July 23, 2020.  I have emailed Roku and asked for a status update and was "cheerfully" informed that I should check with the USPS.  It feels like I am in the middle of a circular firing squad, I am going to get shot no matter where I turn.  It is not possible to contact a live person for help either at the Post Office or at Roku.  Is this a fraud being perpetrated on Roku users or is this Roku itself not delivering the product?  Shall I file a fraud claim with PayPal and my bank?  Perhaps Roku will respond to their inquiries about fraud.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku microSD Card - is this a scam?

Jump to solution

@Susan_Yardley 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For order related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
boogernose
Level 18

Jump to solution

You can get this hardware at any computer store.

If you have a decently fast net connection as far as Im concerned you dont need it.

Did Roku give you a tracking number???

Shouldnt cost too much.

I have several none of which I want you can have 3.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Susan_Yardley 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For order related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Susan_Yardley
Level 7

Jump to solution

If you had actually read my post, you would know that I have reached out to your support via email.  The email from Roku was a non-responsive answer to my question.  I have tried to track the package, only to find that the USPS label was created on July 8, 2020 and since that time absolutely nothing has changed.  You charged me on July 8, but it appears that I will never receive the card because Roku "support" will not investigate and the USPS website and USPS customer service phone will not connect me to a live person.  Your response that I should reach out does absolutely not one thing to solve this problem.  I have no idea why your support is so very obtuse.  Just for your reference and to prove I have reached out, my ticket number is 3637616.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Susan_Yardley 

Thanks for the update.

It looks like our Support team has already reached out to you. We would recommend continuing to work with them if you need further assistance with your order.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos