Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aryaroy
Level 7

Roku has been charging me for the last one year. I didn't know. They didn't send an email either!

Jump to solution

I thought I had canceled my Roku subscription last year, but they were charging me from Sep 2019 every month. They didn't send me email either, whenever they charged me. So it totally went unnoticed and its only when I checked my credit card statement that I came to know about the charges. Would you know what we can do about this. I don't even have a registered Roku device either from Sep 2019

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku has been charging me for the last one year. I didn't know. They didn't send an email either

Jump to solution

@aryaroy @Sue_Gee 

Thanks for the post.

As @renojim mentioned, can you please provide more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? 

Have you logged into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicked Manage your subscriptions to verify if you have any current subscriptions through Roku Pay?

If you are being charged by Roku, and you do not see any charges or subscriptions through your Roku account, then the charges that are showing up are most likely not from Roku. 

Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support. There is NEVER a charge to create a Roku account. Please see more information here: https://support.roku.com/article/208757068-will-i-be-charged-for-customer-service-device-activation-...

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku has been charging me for the last one year. I didn't know. They didn't send an email either

Jump to solution

What do you mean by "Roku subscription"?  There is no such thing.  There are subscriptions to individual channels, but unless you got scammed there is no subscription to use a Roku.  Do you still have an account?  If so, you can check your subscriptions at:

https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Sue_Gee
Level 7

Jump to solution

I dont mean to get into anyones business on here but I was charged $175.00 for a Roku subscription, Now if their is no charge why  did I have to pay? I pay for my extra channels like netflix and Hallmark but something doesnt sound right . Please explain what you are saying.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@aryaroy @Sue_Gee 

Thanks for the post.

As @renojim mentioned, can you please provide more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? 

Have you logged into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicked Manage your subscriptions to verify if you have any current subscriptions through Roku Pay?

If you are being charged by Roku, and you do not see any charges or subscriptions through your Roku account, then the charges that are showing up are most likely not from Roku. 

Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support. There is NEVER a charge to create a Roku account. Please see more information here: https://support.roku.com/article/208757068-will-i-be-charged-for-customer-service-device-activation-...

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos