Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku for Warner Media $14.99 monthly charge

Jump to solution

@BrandiiAustin34 

Do you subscribe to HBO Max through Roku? Have you checked your Roku user account to see what it shows for any subscriptions through Roku (https//my.roku.com/

If there are no subscriptions showing on your user page, then Roku isn't billing you. It doesn't matter if your CC statement says it's Roku, because the scammers can put any name they want on the statement. If that's the case, you need to work with your CC company to dispute the charge, which forces the biller to acknowledge who they are.

By the way, the PIN is only effective for installing a new channel or starting a new subscription. If it is already there, the PIN won't make any difference. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Shodson56

Jump to solution

I am being charged 9.99 for Roku warner media. I have no clue what it is or why I'm being charged for it. I only keep 3 subscriptions and it's none of them. I would appreciate it if I could at least talk to someone or email but can't find anywhere to contact them

0 Kudos
Spladle08
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sorry it seems like some of you guys are confused.
ROKU SUPPORT WILL NOT HELP YOU. YOU HAVE TO CANCEL YOUR CARD AND ORDER A NEW ONE, IT IS LITERALLY THE ONLY WAY. 

(Used Caps cause I felt like I was talking in Caps)
But for real, they request. 
Screenshots, Card info, Date and amount of charges, and then say "We don't see it, prepare to be charged 100 more times or until you replace your card"
You're probably reluctant like me since your card is linked to EVERYTHING ELSE YOU DO.... but by the 5th or 6th time you lose $15, you'll be like alright you bastards....... and swap the card. 

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Shodson56 @Spladle08

Thanks for the post.

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team which can be reached via email or chat. Please contact them directly at https://support.roku.com/contactus. Choose the option from the drop-down menu for "Questions about my account or billing," and you'll be able to send an email/chat request there.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Do I have to pay this to have Roku

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Brendakirkwood wrote:

Do I have to pay this to have Roku

There is no cost to use a Roku. There are services that require a subscription, such as HBO Max (which is the usual source of a Warner Media charge), but there is none for the use of the Roku itself. 

Dan

rus37

Jump to solution

i want to cancel

0 Kudos
rus37

Jump to solution

i want to cancel

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@rus37 wrote:

i want to cancel

Log into your Roku user account (https://my.roku.com) and see what's there for subscriptions. If it's listed there, you can unsubscribe there. If there's nothing listed there, then Roku isn't the one billing you, regardless of the name shown on your CC statement. If you're being billed by something claiming to be Roku, but there's nothing listed on your user account, then you're being scammed and you need to contact your CC provider.

Dan

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

had this 14.99 warner media charge issue and could not figure out a solution as I could not select the transaction through roku support to address it and they require you to do that and this charge isnt linked to our roku but does say it comes from roku which is weird… BUT come to find out after some research that if youve had hbo maxx for awhile and use it on your roku it comes up as a warner media subscription but is in fact for hbo maxx, warner media owns hbo maxx and its like netflix and hulu n that it doesn’t show up under your roku subscriptions. So that may also be what it is for some of you people with the same issue! Hope this helps!