Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku for Warner Media $14.99 monthly charge

Jump to solution

@kheflin2 wrote:

Thinking I may just have to switch off of Roku all together to get it straightened out. 

If Roku isn't charging you (and if you show no subscriptions on your Roku user account page), that won't accomplish anything. Since you are not being billed by Roku, you absolutely need to contest the charges with your credit card company. Scammers simply enter the name "Roku" in their phony billing scam, hoping people will ignore it. You are not being billed by Roku, so there's nothing Roku themselves can do about it.

As mentioned, you can remove from your Roku user account any attached CC number, so further billing would be impossible from Roku themselves. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @kheflin2, we can see that you have questions about a charge from Warner Media, and we would be happy to help! As mentioned by @Ello2022, charges for Warner Media typically are related to HBO: Max. You can see here on their site some of the brands they work with: https://www.warnermedia.com/us/brands. Do you have a subscription to HBO: Max or possibly one of the other brands associated with Warner Media? If not, we can definitely help you look into this further. Just reply to this post or send us a message directly and we can go from there! #HappyStreaming 

0 Kudos
Notyou

Jump to solution

I feel that somewhere on this page it should be stated the the Warner Media charge is for HBO.

FastFurious
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Notyou  Warner Media makes more then just HBO Max. The price is what gives it away 

0 Kudos
LaurenBI54

Jump to solution

I have been charged 15.89 for Roku WarnerM. My account shows no such subscription. Please refund my account. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@LaurenBI54 If you have no subscriptions appearing on your Roku user account web page, you are not being charged by Roku, so they can't refund anything. It's likely that some bad person has acquired your credit card info and submitted a false bill, using the name Roku to hopefully get you to just pay it. You need to contact your CC provider and contest the charge.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LaurenBI54, we're happy to help look into this charge for you. To give a bit more information, what you see on your bank statement may have a different description than the channel name you're subscribed to. For example, HBO Max would show up as "Roku for Warner Media". To confirm exactly what the charge you're seeing is for, we will be reaching out through direct message here on the Roku Community. This is to keep your account details safe and secure. You can check your inbox by selecting the mail icon at the top of your page, but if you have any issues with finding our message, please let us know. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It HBO - Max No Commercials - montly sub set up through the Roku. 

Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Phoneixrising76, thank you for posting on the Roku Community! Are there any questions you have relating to your HBO Max subscription? Let us know and we'll be happy to look into this for you. 

0 Kudos
BeccaCarr

Jump to solution

Hey! I had the same problem! I contacted them and it’s just that Warner media makes HBO Max and so you’re just being charged for HBO Max. Not sure why HBO Max started charging under Warner but I guess it’s like CBS that changed to billing as Paramount +.

Hope this helped!

Happy Streaming!