Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GRoman3618
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku for Warner Media $14.99 monthly charge

Jump to solution

I watch HBO Max with ROKU all the time. Like previously stated, no subscription because it is provided by AT&T. Also, I have a PIN on my ROKU for purchases. This was the first time we see a charge for a product that is already paid for. That is why all the inquiries.  There seems to be a lot of these specific warnermedia inquiries to be just a random complaint. They can't all be not a ROKU issue. They should look into this issue instead of saying not our problem. 

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Call your bank and dispute it. There are a lot of people who mistakingly subscribe to something through Roku. A lot of people think everything on a Roku is free. So if you search something like “Freeguy” from the Roku Home Screen it will show all the ways to watch it. Freeguy is available on HBO Max and Disney+. If you don’t subscribe to either of those you usually can get a free trial. So people start watching the movie thinking it was free. Then after their free trial they get billed. But they say they never signed up for it. This is also common with people with iPhones and android phones. They play a game and don’t realize that they’re being charged for certain features. This isn’t a Roku issue because you are in charge of your billing not Roku. There is chat and email support also

0 Kudos
GRoman3618
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Lol. Ok. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@GRoman3618 wrote:

The response to me was that anyone can charge me a specific charge and put any name they want to the bank. So even though it says it is from ROKU and says warnermedia if it is not in my subscriptions it is not from ROKU. Pretty convenient answer if you ask me. So I guess we will have to pay it. 

If it's not listed as a subscription on your Roku user account web page (https://my.roku.com), then it's not Roku that's billing you. There's nothing else they can say to you about it. That was an accurate statement that the biller can put anything they want in the listed name of the charge, regardless if it's accurate. Scammers have been submitting charges to credit cards that they find on the dark web and make it look like a genuine charge. They are counting on something thinking it's legitimate and just paying it.

You absolutely need to contest the charge on your CC and make the biller prove who they are. Odds are real good they'll simply refund the money, rather than risk law enforcement getting involved. Since many of those scammers are located outside the US, they have little to fear anyway.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@GRoman3618 wrote:

There seems to be a lot of these specific warnermedia inquiries to be just a random complaint. They can't all be not a ROKU issue. They should look into this issue instead of saying not our problem. 

Nope, it's nothing to do with Roku. The scammers figured out an easy target and have gone hog wild. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
GRoman3618
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ok

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@GRoman3618  As I previously state this has nothing to do with Roku. The best place to handle this is through your financial institution

0 Kudos
GRoman3618
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ok

0 Kudos
Bennylynn
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

0 Kudos