Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku charging me in USD when price should clearly be in CAD

I subscribed to Disney plus in Canada where it should be $89.99 a month CAD,  I noticed on my Credit card statement I was charged $125.43.  I called the service at Roku and they told me that the price is actually $ 89.99 USD .  Clearly on Disney Plus it states in the US it is $69.99 USD and in Canada it is $89.99 CAD per year.  Has this happened to anyone else where ROKU is charging the incorrect currency? 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku charging me in USD when price should clearly be in CAD

Roku actually told me there is nothing they can do to help me, So needless to say I unsubscribed from Disney Plus

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I would like to help you look more into this. Please send me a private message with your Roku email address and the serial number of your device. I'll continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’m not sure whether I’ve been charged in American or Canadian but they charged me 135.00 . Any chance Danny can help me with this , I’ve been trying to call but customer service is not available.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please send me a private message with your Roku email address and the serial number of your device. I'll continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same here.  I was charged $94.49 USD which was $129.07 CAD.  Rip-off and I certainly wouldn't have subscribed through Roku as the price is clearly $89.99 CAD.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@chrisinbc @infojes 

Please send me a private message with your Roku email address and the serial number of your device. I'll continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I've had the same issue. Signed up through roku for Disney+ at the canadian price of $89.99 and found that I was charged in USD for a total of $129.08. Wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting this corrected?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jer1 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos