Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TechRescue
Level 7

Roku billed without account

I have a client that called me in tears today. She saw that she was billed $6.49, I think, for a Roku service and has no idea what Roku is. 

She can't figure out how to contact someone in the billing department because she doesn't have an account.

What can I help her do?

Jonn with Tech Rescue

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Roku billed without account

Why does she think it's Roku - what wording was used to describe the charge?

Lots of bad guys know how to make fraudulent charges and they can call them anything they like to mask their true origin.

The credit card or bank should be able to trace the charge back to the charging merchant.  I'd bet dollars to doughnuts it wasn't actually from Roku if she has no Roku or even know what a Roku is.

Of course another possibility is that it really is a Roku charge that resulted when another user of her card, or somebody who has stolen her info, used it as a payment method on an actual Roku account.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
TechRescue
Level 7

Re: Roku billed without account

Well after working with her a little more (she is very tech illiterate, by her own admission!), She does indeed have a Roku account. We just have to reset her password so she can get in.

The bank charge specifically says Roku though and her bank agreed that it was legitimate.

So, my next step is to get back into her account that she didn't remember she had because she has a TCL RokuTV, and find out what it is. She loves alone, so she claims it wasn't her doing, but we will see!

Jonn

0 Kudos