Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leairene1108
Level 7

Roku Stolen, Can I still access my account?

Someone stole my roku device, all my accounts were logged in, I unlinked my account from the device, can they still access my streaming apps? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Karmagedon
Level 10

Re: Account information

@Leairene1108 

You mean you logged into the Roku account and unlinked the roku there?  Make sure you do that so whoever stole it will not be able to use your apps.

If you subscribed to a service using roku paid, you should be able to use your roku account email as the username to sign into your paid service, and if you do not create a password before, you can use the forget password to reset it for the service.

0 Kudos
Rickweather999
Level 7

My Roku has been stolen

I bought my Roku while back and several months later while I was on vacation it got stole, what can I do?

0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 13

Re: My Roku has been stolen

@Rickweather999 

Unlink it from your account is the first step.  This will prevent someone from ordering channels and products using your linked payment option.

Other than that, file a police report and go buy a new Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Stolen, Can I still access my account?

@Rickweather999 

Thanks for the note. 

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding a stolen device here: What should I do if my Roku® streaming device is lost or stolen?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
PT17
Level 7

My roku was stolen off my tv, i unlinked everything  an my guess had Netflix, i unlinked that as well! Will the theif still be able to use my roku box

0 Kudos
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @PT17,

Thanks for the post.

Yes, they can possibly access the Roku device however as long as you successfully unlinked the stolen device it will prevent unauthorized purchases on your Roku account.

I've provided a link to go into further detail: What should I do if my Roku® streaming device is lost or stolen?

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos