Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dotmatt
Level 7

Roku Login Issues

I hope this is the right place. I recently helped my folks get 3 rokus for their home. I got them setup with a roku account (using my fathers email) and helped them sign into their apps. Everything was working great, until last night.

I was at their house and we wanted to watch a college football game. Once we got to the roku homepage, all the apps disappeared and it only displayed home, app search and settings. When I went into the about section in settings, my fathers account was no longer listed.

We went to roku.com and tried to login to see if something happened and we couldnt login. So, after we verified the information was correct, we used the recover account option via email. No emails have been sent to his gmail from roku.

We are worried the account is compromised and have no idea how to fix this. Any direction on this woulf be much appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku Login Issues

With the holiday it will likely be Tuesday before one of the Roku forum admins are available to assist you. It does sound possible your account was compromised in some fashion. Perhaps just lost in a database failure of some type, or of course someone else may have gotten access and changed settings. RokuTannerD or RokuDanny-R should be here their next working day and can likely help you get to the bottom of this. 
There is a phone number for Roku support, but honestly people claim it isn't the best support. Whatever you do, don't do a web search for Roku support. You will get lots of returns, and they're all scammers of some sort. Roku does not have a toll-free number, so that's the first clue. Most will ask for either payment or remote access to your computer. Authentic Roku support will never do either. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Dotmatt,

Thanks for letting me know about the issue that you are experiencing.

I'd be happy to help gather information from you and pass them along to our team to take a closer look.

Please send me a private message with your phone number and your Roku account email address.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dotmatt
Level 7

I have sent a pm to you.

Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos