Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OhEhKen
Level 7

Roku Express thinks I'm in the US not UK

My Roku Express thinks I'm in the US and so doesn't show me options to install BBC iplayer, itv player etc. How do I go about fixing this I can't find it anywhere in the settings?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express thinks I'm in the US not UK

Was/is your Roku user account based in the US when it was created? That would cause this. I believe that @RokuDanny-R might be able to assist you. But you might need to create a UK Roku user account and reset your Roku. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Victor3772
Level 7

My Roku express thinks I'm in USA as all programme offers are American. I'm in UK and my IP address comes up as London UK although I'm in Wales. No VPN on. Can't access BBC iPlayer etc which is why I purchased it in Wales. What can I do? Factory reset done. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Any chance your Roku user account was created while you were located in the US? That would cause the same problem. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
renojim

To add to what @atc98092 said, if when you created the Roku account the "Country selector" that shows in the bottom right corner of the web page wasn't set to UK it can cause this problem.  I would suggest closing your Roku account, factory resetting your device, and starting over.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Victor3772
Level 7

Hello, thanks for your prompt replies. 

I've never been to or lived in the USA. When I created the account the first question was language = English.

Then further than this there wasn't any questions on location. It made its mind up itself. 

The reason for the Roku express was that we finished with Now TV and switched to Amazon prime. The now TV stick will not let you download Amazon so we purchased this Roku express. 

We did try an old Amazon TV stick and that thought we were in Germany.

0 Kudos
renojim

@Victor3772, just to be clear, I'm not speaking of the language selection that comes up on your TV screen.  I'm speaking of the "Country selector" that's displayed in the bottom right corner of the Roku web pages.  Having it set to US when you're not in the US can mess things up.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos