Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KayS
Level 8

Roku Express+ for discounted price due to obsolescence of existing Roku - Unavailable

Jump to solution

I received an email on 11/8/19.  Today is the 9th.  The email said my Roku is essentially obsolete and will no longer receive updates, however, I can take advantage of discounted price and update to Roku Express+.  I attempted to order and it is "out of stock" with no indication of how to place on backorder.  All other products are more expensive.  I want what was offered.  Also I am hugely disappointed that there doesn't appear to be a way to directly contact Roku for this concern.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ct43
Level 8

Re: Roku Express+ for discounted price due to obsolescence of existing Roku - Unavailable

Jump to solution

You can log into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com/upgrade/ to redeem any available offer you may have. I just did it...In the community  I clicked on a post and support had answered them with this.

View solution in original post

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Express+ for discounted price due to obsolescence of existing Roku - Unavailable

Jump to solution
Hi everyone!

Thanks for reaching out here. Our apologies for the experience you're running into! We've had a lot of interest in upgrade offers resulting in a high number of orders. This, combined with the recent holiday, have added a some delays.

We're working diligently to get these processed as quickly as possible, and appreciate your understanding in the meantime. If you need additional help, please feel free to follow up with our team regarding your 'Account or Billing' order inquiry at: https://support.roku.com/contactus

We'll provide status updates as soon as they are available to get you back to streaming soon. Please feel free to contact a member of the Roku Community team via private message if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

0 Kudos
35 Replies
Highlighted
bevjimenez
Level 7

Roku 1 email for discount code

Jump to solution

I never received an email about my Roku not updating. How can I get that email so I can get the link to upgrade for $15?

[post merged with already existing thread and title changed to denote issue]

0 Kudos
mulligandt
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem. Discounted price of "only" $15.00 seems to be not available. But nowhere is there an answer. 

typical Roku

0 Kudos
ct43
Level 8

Jump to solution

I got the same email...but I did not click on the link it gave...I am always afraid it's a fake email just trying to get your info (password & financial  )  like so many people get scammed …. I went to the official roku page and am looking for info on the subject

0 Kudos
KayS
Level 8

Jump to solution

https://gethuman.com/phone-number/Roku/dial/~2835  The number shown is 816 272-8106.  I am going to try this. 

Hours: Mon-Sat 8am-8pm PST; best time to call: 8:15am

Of course now you have reminded me to be particularly wary of scams.  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Lgodave
Level 8

Jump to solution
Sorry to hear that. I actually got my Notification 2 days ago and just placed my order this morning (Nov. 9,2019).
Kind of knew this $15 "upgrade" was coming, but falsely thought my Roku 2 XD had escaped the chopping block. (Conflicting articles about Netflix Support ending didn't seem to explicitly mention it...) Various replies to some of my comments on YouTube videos on the Subject suggested looking for that Offer/E-Mail from Roku.

Since I hadn't looked at E-mail recently... I searched for it, found it, and ordered it around 6AM (CT) today. Roku has "confirmed" it was in stock and should ship soon. Before that I was actually kicking myself already since they apparently don't ship on Weekends. So I've got a bit of a delay... But apparently not as much as those who apparently ordered in the 3-4 hours since I placed my order.

0 Kudos
KayS
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hmmm, it would seem they would reserve a unit for those invited for a certain amount of time - and tell you when you must order to avoid missing out.  Glad you got yours.

0 Kudos
ct43
Level 8

Jump to solution

You can log into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com/upgrade/ to redeem any available offer you may have. I just did it...In the community  I clicked on a post and support had answered them with this.

ct43
Level 8

Jump to solution

You can log into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com/upgrade/ to redeem any available offer you may have. I just did it...In the community I clicked on a post and support had answered them with this.

KayS
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you, just did it.  Of course then I was offered some other special that looked like a remote only?  The picture of item I ordered shows a remote with it so ...not sure if I am getting the appropriate remote or if they are "strongly" suggesting the one I have will not work and/or they aren't including one with the new device.  I will just have to be patient and have faith.