Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Register a device without giving a credit card

I want to register a new Streaming Stick+ for warranty. Roku wants me to set up an account but also wants me to leave a credit card on file. I can’t get to the next page to register without adding a credit card to my account. I’ve never seen this requirement before when trying to register a purchase. And... I don’t want to add a credit card to my account. Anyone else having this problem?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Register a device without giving a credit card

@UncleDunk 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that there is NEVER a charge to create a Roku account. You need to link a payment method to your Roku account to set up Roku Pay. Roku Pay allows you to purchase subscriptions for channels and services available on your Roku device.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Why is a payment method required when creating a Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Register a device without giving a credit card

What if I don't want to use Roko pay.  Do I still need to provide a credit card?

0 Kudos