Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CRAWLINS45
Level 7

ROKU SHOULD BE ASHAME OF THEMSELVES!!!!

Roku have a promotion right now all special channels for 99 cents for the first month displayed all over their website. I selected Cinemax and Showtime to try and to see if I would like them to keep the subscriptions, upon checking my credit card I was charged the full price for both. I called customer service and they informed me that its only for first time users. There's no where on their website displays this and I have never had an account with Roku only for HBO Max. When I informed the customer service rep(Donny) he apologize and sorry for your inconvenience. THAT STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGHT FOR ME!!!!!  APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT, WHEN IT'S CLEARLY FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!! SO I CANCELLED ALL MY SUBSCRIPTIONS, I WILL TAKE MY MONEY ELSEWHERE

3 REPLIES 3\
Strega
Level 15

Re: ROKU SHOULD BE ASHAME OF THEMSELVES!!!!

Well, within a couple of second on their website, I found this:

".. New eligible subscribers only. Offer ends 07/18/2021 at 11:59 PM PST. Valid on participating partner’s channels on The Roku Channel only. This is a recurring monthly subscription with an initial one-month promotional offer. After the promotional period ends, your subscription will continue to automatically renew at the regular subscription price until you cancel.  ... " more terms followed.

0 Kudos
C_I
Level 12

@Strega wrote:

Well, within a couple of second on their website, I found this:

".. New eligible subscribers only. Offer ends 07/18/2021 at 11:59 PM PST. Valid on participating partner’s channels on The Roku Channel only. This is a recurring monthly subscription with an initial one-month promotional offer. After the promotional period ends, your subscription will continue to automatically renew at the regular subscription price until you cancel.  ... " more terms followed.

The moral of the story- READ THE FINE PRINT! 

0 Kudos
BubbaVass
Level 7

The love of money IS the root of all evil... and greed and selfishness, etc..

0 Kudos