Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

ROKU BILLING SUPPORT WILL NOT REFUND AN INCORRECT CHARGE!!!

Jump to solution

On Thursday April 23rd 2020, I opened the Blaze TV app and it offered "FREE 30 DAY TRIAL" to sign up on my ROKU DEVICE. I clicked on the buttons to sign in with ROKU credentials and clicked the button for the FREE 30 DAY TRIAL. I then received an email from ROKU confirming my new subscription and telling me it will renew in 30 days. I saw on my account that ROKU CHARGED ME $9.99 FOR THE FREE 30 DAY TRIAL! I was immediately frustrated as I spent an incredible amount of time looking for a phone number for customer service only to find that ROKU OFFERS ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE VIA TELEPHONE! I emailed in great detail the steps I took on the app to sign up for the FREE 30 DAYS and gave 24 hours for a reply. I heard nothing. Very aggravated, I sent off another email. Through Saturday I sent multiple additional emails, and pounded Facebook's Messenger sending ROKU's FB page pleas for help to no avail.

AFTER WAITING DAYS FOR A RESPONSE I FINALLY RECEIVED A REPLY ON 4/26/20! Beginning the email with "GOOD DAY!" the following message was sent:

"Good day!

Thank you for reaching Roku Customer Support. Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into. i understand that you'requesting for a refund. Please be advised that we don't have 30 Days Free Trial on BlazeTV . Kindly check our website for what Rioku offers for the channels https://www.roku.com/offers for more details."  

Following this several paragraphs with PIN suggestions and other irrelevant information was pasted to the reply.  

This reply is an absolute joke. I clicked on a BUTTON in the app that said "30 DAYS FREE!" The reply suggests that I hallucinated, lied, or am plain crazy. There WAS A 30 DAY FREE TRIAL plugged on YOUR DEVICE when signing up for Blaze TV. This customer service rep completely ignored my statements and basically blew me off with this non-response of B.S.  

I of course replied, stating that they were WRONG, reiterating in great detail the app's 30 DAY FREE TRIAL and the buttons and process I went through to sign up for the FREE 30 DAYS. I also called them out for the non-responsive reply and deflection of my assertion about the FREE 30 DAYS as being a B.S. reply. 

Today I received the following:

"Good day! Thank you for reaching out to Roku Support.

We understand that you tried to get the 30 day free trial  subscription to BlazeTV, however as the standalone BlazeTV channel does not offer a 30 days free trial  subscription. For the charge that you got, as per Roku's policy all channel's purchases are prepaid, final and non refundable, but not to worry you will still have up until 05/24/2020 to use the channel subscription.
Rest assured that you will not get charged again since the subscription was cancelled already.

If you have questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this email. Otherwise, you may visit our support.roku.com. We will do our best to help resolve your issue."

THE APP SAID THERE WAS A FREE 30 DAY TRIAL AND HAD A FREAKING BUTTON TO CLICK FOR IT!!!!! AND NO ONE WANTS TO HERE A CHEEKY "GOOD DAY" WHEN IT IS FOLLOWED BY SUCH A B.S. NON-ANSWER NOT OWNING THE PROBLEM OR EVEN ACKNOWLEDGING THERE MIGHT BE A FREAKING PROBLEM. NOW YOU CAN ADD A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP TO THE PROBLEM!

FRUSTRATED AND PISSED OFF, I REPLIED BACK AND SAID THIS IS B.S!!!! I RECEIVED THIS:

"Good day!

Kindly check our website for what Rioku offers for the channels https://www.roku.com/offers for more details.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, but will work hard to ensure you get the proper level of support immediately. If you have questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this email. Otherwise, you may visit our support.roku.com. We will do our best to help resolve your issue."

Good Day AGAIN>?? ANTAGONISTIC? SEEMS SO. I asked to escalate this issue as it is your problem and mistake, you owe me $9.99, I've yet to get an answer. Yeah, it's only $9.99, but it is the principle of this issue, and I have to wonder how many customers have been forced to lay down for this non-customer centric support only to have had their money pocketed by ROKU because ROKU WILL NOT OWN MISTAKES OR PROBLEMS AND KEEPS CUSTOMERS MONEY THEY'VE TAKEN ILLICITLY! 

[post edited]

I expect this problem to be corrected or it will not go away until it does. I promise. 

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ROKU BILLING SUPPORT WILL NOT REFUND AN INCORRECT CHARGE!!!

Jump to solution

@AxEffects 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you. Please be patient during this time as our response time may be delayed during this period.

As per the Community guidelines
Be kind, courteous, and positive when posting. The Community exists to help users. Posting abusive, obscene, harassing, hostile, defamatory, offensive, tortious, argumentative, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable content may result in loss of access to the Community. Roku reserves the right to remove any content at its discretion. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@JL5 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Another day has passed with zero response to escalation request.

"It's what they aim for...."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@AxEffects 

Thanks for the information. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

If you are already in contact with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them as they are best able to assist you with your issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 9

Jump to solution

Been there DONE THAT, FIVE TIMES NOW with zero response to my request to escalate this issue. 

This is DAY FOUR (4) with no response!

Seems it is WHAT THEY AIM FOR.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Their customer support is ridiculous. Why can’t I email someone? Everyone in the world is working online! I tried signing up for a BritBox trial subscription and was charged BOTH a monthly fee And an annual fee. 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Wendyp 

Thanks for the note.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, and select 'managing your order': https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@AxEffects 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you. Please be patient during this time as our response time may be delayed during this period.

As per the Community guidelines
Be kind, courteous, and positive when posting. The Community exists to help users. Posting abusive, obscene, harassing, hostile, defamatory, offensive, tortious, argumentative, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable content may result in loss of access to the Community. Roku reserves the right to remove any content at its discretion. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

AH, I SEE. Can't be critical when there's very good reason apparently. Yeah, guilty as charged. Critical, yes, sounding ticked off, check! Mentioned ... OOPS, can't say it. How the heck does one "Stay positive" with this going on?????

So thank you for finally forwarding the information. Hopefully it will not land on the desks of the folks at ROKU who've ignored the problem. How long do you think I need to wait? This began last Thursday 4/24. My request to escalate was on Sunday. I've heard nothing and it's Wednesday. I'm not busting your chops, I promise. I sincerely want to know. I'm sure you can probably see why after all of this? Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Larry - the drop down menus are not working right. I click on contact customer support and NOTHING HAPPENS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have been charged $14.99 for an HBO  subscription although the offer was for a free HBO . I have tried to contact customer, but find it impossible to contact them.

@AxEffects wrote:

On Thursday April 23rd 2020, I opened the Blaze TV app and it offered "FREE 30 DAY TRIAL" to sign up on my ROKU DEVICE. I clicked on the buttons to sign in with ROKU credentials and clicked the button for the FREE 30 DAY TRIAL. I then received an email from ROKU confirming my new subscription and telling me it will renew in 30 days. I saw on my account that ROKU CHARGED ME $9.99 FOR THE FREE 30 DAY TRIAL! I was immediately frustrated as I spent an incredible amount of time looking for a phone number for customer service only to find that ROKU OFFERS ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE VIA TELEPHONE! I emailed in great detail the steps I took on the app to sign up for the FREE 30 DAYS and gave 24 hours for a reply. I heard nothing. Very aggravated, I sent off another email. Through Saturday I sent multiple additional emails, and pounded Facebook's Messenger sending ROKU's FB page pleas for help to no avail.

AFTER WAITING DAYS FOR A RESPONSE I FINALLY RECEIVED A REPLY ON 4/26/20! Beginning the email with "GOOD DAY!" the following message was sent:

"Good day!

Thank you for reaching Roku Customer Support. Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into. i understand that you'requesting for a refund. Please be advised that we don't have 30 Days Free Trial on BlazeTV . Kindly check our website for what Rioku offers for the channels https://www.roku.com/offers for more details."  

Following this several paragraphs with PIN suggestions and other irrelevant information was pasted to the reply.  

This reply is an absolute joke. I clicked on a BUTTON in the app that said "30 DAYS FREE!" The reply suggests that I hallucinated, lied, or am plain crazy. There WAS A 30 DAY FREE TRIAL plugged on YOUR DEVICE when signing up for Blaze TV. This customer service rep completely ignored my statements and basically blew me off with this non-response of B.S.  

I of course replied, stating that they were WRONG, reiterating in great detail the app's 30 DAY FREE TRIAL and the buttons and process I went through to sign up for the FREE 30 DAYS. I also called them out for the non-responsive reply and deflection of my assertion about the FREE 30 DAYS as being a B.S. reply. 

Today I received the following:

"Good day! Thank you for reaching out to Roku Support.

We understand that you tried to get the 30 day free trial  subscription to BlazeTV, however as the standalone BlazeTV channel does not offer a 30 days free trial  subscription. For the charge that you got, as per Roku's policy all channel's purchases are prepaid, final and non refundable, but not to worry you will still have up until 05/24/2020 to use the channel subscription.
Rest assured that you will not get charged again since the subscription was cancelled already.

If you have questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this email. Otherwise, you may visit our support.roku.com. We will do our best to help resolve your issue."

THE APP SAID THERE WAS A FREE 30 DAY TRIAL AND HAD A FREAKING BUTTON TO CLICK FOR IT!!!!! AND NO ONE WANTS TO HERE A CHEEKY "GOOD DAY" WHEN IT IS FOLLOWED BY SUCH A B.S. NON-ANSWER NOT OWNING THE PROBLEM OR EVEN ACKNOWLEDGING THERE MIGHT BE A FREAKING PROBLEM. NOW YOU CAN ADD A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP TO THE PROBLEM!

FRUSTRATED AND PISSED OFF, I REPLIED BACK AND SAID THIS IS B.S!!!! I RECEIVED THIS:

"Good day!

Kindly check our website for what Rioku offers for the channels https://www.roku.com/offers for more details.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, but will work hard to ensure you get the proper level of support immediately. If you have questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this email. Otherwise, you may visit our support.roku.com. We will do our best to help resolve your issue."

Good Day AGAIN>?? ANTAGONISTIC? SEEMS SO. I asked to escalate this issue as it is your problem and mistake, you owe me $9.99, I've yet to get an answer. Yeah, it's only $9.99, but it is the principle of this issue, and I have to wonder how many customers have been forced to lay down for this non-customer centric support only to have had their money pocketed by ROKU because ROKU WILL NOT OWN MISTAKES OR PROBLEMS AND KEEPS CUSTOMERS MONEY THEY'VE TAKEN ILLICITLY! 

[post edited]

I expect this problem to be corrected or it will not go away until it does. I promise. 

0 Kudos