Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slrosen
Reel Rookie

Prorated refund when cancelling a subscription?

Jump to solution

My Britbox subscription is paid annually, in mid-November. If I cancel it now, is there any prorated refund of the unused portion of the subscription?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Prorated refund when cancelling a subscription?

Jump to solution

No.  If you cancel now it won't renew and you'll still have access to the subscription until the end of its term.  All subscriptions are prepaid and nonrefundable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@slrosen 

Just to add to what @renojim said, that is standard. All the services work that way. Well, most. I have seen some (not Britbox) that will cancel and cut access immediately; you don't even get access to end of paid subscripton. Those that do that are right bastards.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
renojim

Jump to solution

No.  If you cancel now it won't renew and you'll still have access to the subscription until the end of its term.  All subscriptions are prepaid and nonrefundable.

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@slrosen 

Just to add to what @renojim said, that is standard. All the services work that way. Well, most. I have seen some (not Britbox) that will cancel and cut access immediately; you don't even get access to end of paid subscripton. Those that do that are right bastards.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

slrosen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for information!

slrosen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information!

Jump to solution

cancel

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@bobfredjeff03 wrote:

cancel

cancel

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@bobfredjeff03, you can cancel your Roku subscriptions at https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions , not here.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I don’t have a rocky app on my iPhone. You have been taking $6.99 every month and I want it all back. My email is smokeeater913@gmail.com. My cell phone number is (985) 607-8218 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@ronald62doman 

First, edit your post and get your email and phone number off. That's a security risk. Look at your post. See your name? Look to the right. See those 3 vertical dots? Click and select Edit Reply. Then in the box, edit the content to remove your personal information.

Next, you need to go to https://my.roku.com and log in there. Then click on the Manage Your Subscriptions link and see if there are any subscriptions. If not, then Roku didn't bill you. No matter what the credit card statement says, if there are no items listed on that Subscription page, Roku didn't bill you.

Now, if there is something there, then cancel the subscription and put a PIN on your account so that people using your Roku can't subscribe. Then you may want to consider removing a payment method from your Roku account.

Now, back to my saying that if there is no subscription showing, then Roku didn't bill you. But, you see "Roku" on the bill, right? Well, allow someone with over 20 years experience in the payments industry to fill you in on some information you don't know about.

When a financial institution gets payment card data submitted to them, there is a description that is essentially free text. It can say anything.

It's supposed to say who made the charge, and contact information about it. However, it can contain any information.

If a thief (no other way to describe them) obtains payment card information, they can submit the information and fill out the text any way they want. They can put NASA, they can put Queen of England, they can put UNICEF, they can put Roku, they can put anything ... heck, they could put your name. In this case, they put Roku. They're thieves, so a lie on top of theft is kinda par for the course.

What likely happened is that someone compromised a system that had that your payment card information, and some thief (maybe the same person, maybe a different person) ended up with it. They submitted information and put Roku in the description.

Roku didn't do this. Some thief did and then lied about it.

From the Roku end, go to https://support.roku.com/contactus and fill out what you can there.

On your end, report it as fraud to your financial institution. 

Also: tagging @Jeremiah-Roku who is a forum contact for billing.

Oh, and stop posting your personal information on the Internet for everyone to see. Practice safe computing.

DBDukes

0 Kudos