Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mshackel
Reel Rookie

Problems loading HULU on my TV

While trying to load HULU on my TV (I use a ROKU streaming stick), I received a message having to do with verification (which contains a code) which was sent to an email that was not my email.  I have logged on to check the email on file and it is correct. I have no idea why this is happening. I have tried to contact ROKU, and aside from one response asking for additional information, it has been radio silence.  I have done a factory reset as well as a restart.  ANY thoughts????

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Problems loading HULU on my TV

What's the email address that's displayed on your Roku under Settings->System->About?

You said you performed a factory reset - that would have made you enter your email address again, so did you really  perform a factory reset or just a reset that restarted the Roku?

Also, some TV's have their own Hulu app, so is it possible you're using the TV's app?

Sorry for the dumb questions; just trying to cover all the bases.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mshackel
Reel Rookie

Hello renojim-

Thank you for your questions (and for the record, there is no such thing as a dumb question). I checked the "settings-system-about" and my email is correct there. I performed a restart, then a factory reset, then another restart for good measure. My TV is not a smart TV, so I have to use the streaming stick.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I can't imagine where that other email address is coming from.  I have seen strange reports of channels/apps being logged into someone else's account, but I can't recall any having to do with Hulu.  Does it display on the TV screen that it sent an email to this mysterious email address or is this something that's happening on a Hulu webpage?

I don't know how Hulu's customer service is, but you might try asking them about it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mshackel
Reel Rookie

I was online with HULU for about 3 hours (no exaggeration), to see if it could be resolved on Hulu's end, but  the prompt asked me to log in using the Roku email address (the one that is neither on file with Roku or my real address).

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey there @mshackel, not being able to get logged into your account is never fun. We would be happy to help look into this for you though! We are gonna send you a private message so we can collect some account information to help us investigate things on our end. Please be on the lookout for our message.

0 Kudos