Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Potential problem with Streaming (Disney) set up thru Roku - and scam problem

background: I posted this past week re: a scam where my Roku set up gave me an error message and I ended up calling "roku customer service" (not!) and being scammed when my tv wouldn't set up and was giving an error code and phone number to call thru the tv set up. i think that is in the process of being resolved thru Paypal, but during the past week, just before I initiated this scam complaint with paypal, and then reset all my passwords including ROKU and reset my ROKU accounts/tvs to factory settings, I signed up for Disney streaming.

My disney trial is still running, but the credit card that was used and apparently wiped out (the scammer could see the "credit card on file with last 4 digits). I signed into the disney streaming and when I try and adjust my account, it refers me to Roku to manage my account as I signed up thru Roku. However, Roku "streaming and trials' says I have NO trials or subscriptions running.

How to handle? Do I wait til Disney shuts off the service and sign up again or ?? 

suggestions would be appreciated -- and thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Potential problem with Streaming (Disney) set up thru Roku - and scam problem

The admins Danny an Tanner should be back Monday. You should probably be dealing with either of them directly.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Potential problem with Streaming (Disney) set up thru Roku - and scam problem

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If you do not see any active subscriptions when signing into your Roku account, this likely means you subscribed under a separate Roku account. I'd recommend trying to log into any alternate Roku accounts you may have created under any other email addresses, (you can always use the forgot your password option if need to reset a password) and click 'manage your subscriptions to see which account you may have used when subscribing initially. Note: This email address could differ from what you established your Disney+ account under, as you have the option to manually enter an email address separate from your Roku account when signing up for a Disney+ trial or subscription.

If you need more help from there, please feel free to reach out to our support team for help with an account or billing issue here: https://support.roku.com/contactus

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi Tanner,

I only have the one roku account, which has all the rokus I have ever owned and current listed. I changed my password recently due to the scam issue. The credit card I had listed for the trial is no longer there and I do not plan to use it as the scammer indicated he could see the last 4 #s so I will request a new credit card. 

I am guessing the free trial is still showing me content, but when it goes to charge for a month's membership, it will delete my subscription on their end and I can start over if need be....

Unless you have another suggestion?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

If you do not see the subscription when logging into your account at my.roku.com under 'Manage your subscriptions', this indicates that the subscription must be located under a different Roku account, if it was subscribed via Roku. I can't speculate on what the functionality may be in your scenario. I'd recommend contacting our support team directly for more help. You can reach them here for help with an account or billing issue here: https://support.roku.com/contactus

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos