Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ASliceOfBread
Reel Rookie

Possible to display IPs on account page?

I have several Rokus.  I see it's possible to look at my devices and see the S/N for each Roku... which is awesome.  Does anyone know if it's possible to also find a screen within my Account page to report each Roku's private and public IP?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Possible to display IPs on account page?

You can see the private IPs at Settings->System->About or Settings->Network->About.  I don't know of any way to view the public IP, although it is available to developers.  It should match any other device's public IP on your network.

Oops, I see you want to do it from your Roku account page.  I was thinking device "About" page.  I don't know of any way to do that.  I doubt it's logged by Roku and they really shouldn't as far as I'm concerned.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ASliceOfBread
Reel Rookie

Right.. Doing it from the account page is the is the trick.    

Here's a use case:  Assume I have about 200+ Roku's deployed across the country.  I want to be able to tell when they are online and what their public/private IP is.  This is a situation we're currently dealing with; however we're using AppleTVs managed by JAMF.   

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Ah, I see.  I don't believe Roku will ever have something like that.  Their "Guest Mode" seems half-baked at best and they don't seem to have much interest in use by AirBnBs or hotels or anything similar, but you can always suggest a feature:

Suggest a Feature | Roku Community | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos