Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Paypal has the wrong phone number for Roku

Jump to solution

I had posted about this before, but not sure what happened to my thread --- but I have more information this time.

ROKU customers call our company all the time saying they are being charged for things they didn't agree to. Maybe it's a scam. Maybe not.

So..

A ROKU customer called me today and I asked for more information. They said they are being charged via PayPal for Starz and Disney plus, which they didn't sign-up for. 

They said the phone number (mine) that they called was provided via PayPal. 

Can someone with ROKU let me know whether or not this is something they can control (update with Paypal) or if it's a scam. If it is a scam I can at least notify the ROKU customers that something has gone awry. 

Thanks.

Online marketing in the most personal manner.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Paypal has the wrong phone number for Roku

Jump to solution

@DigitalDivision Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing. Our contact number is included in each transaction entry in a PayPal account, for users that make purchases in their Roku account using this payment method. We've also followed up with the payment processor to reiterate and confirm the correct information. It's possible that people may be misdialing the number they are given, or are writing it down incorrectly, but it's hard to say. Please feel free to reach out directly for any additional questions. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

I'm not clear as to what your affiliation or company is.

I also dont understand why Paypal would refer them to anyone

without simply handling their own transactions. Doesnt make sense.

Anyway talk to these guys @RokuTannerD or @RokuDanny-R 

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@boogernose wrote:

I'm not clear as to what your affiliation or company is.

I also dont understand why Paypal would refer them to anyone

without simply handling their own transactions. Doesnt make sense.

Anyway talk to these guys @RokuTannerD or @RokuDanny-R 

Thanks for the reply. I'll reach out to them. 

Our company has no affiliation with ROKU. We are just a "wrong number" that people keep calling.

Online marketing in the most personal manner.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@DigitalDivision Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing. Our contact number is included in each transaction entry in a PayPal account, for users that make purchases in their Roku account using this payment method. We've also followed up with the payment processor to reiterate and confirm the correct information. It's possible that people may be misdialing the number they are given, or are writing it down incorrectly, but it's hard to say. Please feel free to reach out directly for any additional questions. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos