Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff6
Level 7

Payment Method on a Public Device

I added a free trial channel on a Roku TV in an Airbnb.  Somehow my credit card ended up on the TV as a payment method and I can't remove it!

I don't want my credit listed as a payment method on a public TV!!!!!  

Roku, if you make it possible to add a payment method on somebody else's Roku you also must let me remove it!

When I signed up for the trial it asked for my Roku account credentials so I don't think it is tied to their account, but I am not sure.  But just to be safe I deleted all my subscriptions, cancelled my payment method (same credit card), and added a PIN in my online account.

Why is it still showing as a payment method on the hosts TV?  I have lost trust in ROKU and am less likely to choose your product in future TV purchases.  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Payment Method on a Public Device

The Airbnb should have enabled Guest Mode. That way when the guest leaves they can turn Guest Mode off and erase anything the guest entered. I'm not certain it can be removed without a factory reset of the device. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos