Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paramount Plus and Showtime Add-On

Jump to solution

I am having trouble trying to add the Showtime Add-On to my Paramount Plus subscription.  I tried to add it online through Paramount Plus but it says that because I'm registered through my Roku, I have to do it through there. I'm not seeing any options for the add-on when I'm on the Paramount app or when I hit the * button.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: Paramount and Showtime Add-On

Jump to solution

Hi @keetna, we can see on our end that there are 3 different channels associated with Showtime:

1. Showtime

2. Showtime Anytime 

3. Showtime on The Roku Channel

We can see that Showtime Anytime requires a TV provider. Is this perhaps the channel you are trying to access? If so, we recommend adding the Showtime channel instead. This should let you log in with your credentials instead of with a TV provider. 

We hope this information helps. Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developers themselves. We suggest reaching out to the channel's customer support team to get more information about their channel on our platform.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I don't know for sure, but it may not be possible.  I'd suggest cancelling your subscription through Roku and subscribing directly with Paramount.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
keetna
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also have the Paramount+ & Showtime bundle but Roku will not let me sign into Showtime using my subscription credentials. It says I can only sign on through a provider. is that correct?

0 Kudos
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @keetna, thanks for the post! We see that you're having issues connecting your Paramount+ and Showtime bundle. We're here to help.

To activate your bundle, you can go to showtime.com/paramountplus and complete the steps as prompted. You will then be able to access your bundle with the created credentials.

For further reference, you can check out the Paramount+ help page for this issue here:

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/PD-What-is-the-SHOWTIME-add-on-for-Paramount-subscribers#Ve...

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

keetna
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks. I have credentials and I am able to access the bundle on many devices but not Roku. Roku requires that you have a Showtime subscription through a participating provider. I do not see Paramount+ in the list of providers. Any suggestions?  

Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @keetna, we can see on our end that there are 3 different channels associated with Showtime:

1. Showtime

2. Showtime Anytime 

3. Showtime on The Roku Channel

We can see that Showtime Anytime requires a TV provider. Is this perhaps the channel you are trying to access? If so, we recommend adding the Showtime channel instead. This should let you log in with your credentials instead of with a TV provider. 

We hope this information helps. Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developers themselves. We suggest reaching out to the channel's customer support team to get more information about their channel on our platform.

keetna
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This definitely helps. I added showtime and was able to login in with my credentials. Thanks!

ejbytes

Re: Paramount Plus and Showtime Add-On

Jump to solution

ROKU -> Scroll down channels -> Add Channel (+) - search Paramount Plus
  + Add the Channel

Press *, then Move Channel, move Paramount Plus to the top of your channels

Select: Paramount Plus, channel, and watch.

There is a Showtime Logo inside of the Paramount Plus App in Roku.

This is weird as I'd rather select: Showtime, but it's what it is setup to be  for now. 

Hope this helps! 

JohnH1960
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I stumbled on this solution before seeing this post. It's ridiculous. I had the Showtime Anytime Channel working on my Rokus but I opened it again and it gave me a code and wanted a cable/satellite provider. Roku/Showtime should fix this nonsense. I subscribe via Paramount+/Showtime bundle via Roku. Subscribing via Roku was essentially by accident and now I feel stuck.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JohnH1960

Thanks for your post. 

As discussed by @Alex-Roku, Showtime Anytime and  Showtime standalone, or through The Roku Channel are different channels. Showtime Anytime requires a cable or satellite subscription while Showtime standalone or on The Roku Channel service may require additional fees. Additionally, if you need further assistance with the subscription on your Roku account, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here, then choose 'Account, payments & subscription'. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything else.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos