Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Overseas travel

Jump to solution

Simply I just want to know the answer to this question. I am going to Mexico for three weeks. I want to take my Roku device which has been set up with my account on my TV. I want to use it on a tv in Mexico that is compatible and has access to WiFi. Is this doable?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 19

Re: Overseas travel

Jump to solution

@NDsusan  Thanks for the note. It's likely that many channels/services may not work correctly in that location. Channel/content providers often implement geo-filtering to prevent the use of their services in locations for which they do not have the licensing to stream content.

Some channels, like Netflix and YouTube work in many locations, but many other channels do not allow this type of use-case. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Level 18

Jump to solution

Why not? 

There might be some Channels that arent available but in Mexico I doubt it.

Let us know....

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Level 19

Jump to solution

@NDsusan  Thanks for the note. It's likely that many channels/services may not work correctly in that location. Channel/content providers often implement geo-filtering to prevent the use of their services in locations for which they do not have the licensing to stream content.

Some channels, like Netflix and YouTube work in many locations, but many other channels do not allow this type of use-case. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Level 7

Jump to solution

I’ll take it with me and see what happens. Stay tuned!