Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy73
Level 7

Overseas: no Channel search, no adding via web

Overseas two functions don't work:

1. Search of channel store. You have to browse through it. At least it could be displayed alphabetically. Why is search disabled?

2. You can't add via the web. You can search the store, so if you could add it would solve #1. Why is this disabled?

Sorry for the complaints but I don't see the logic here.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: Overseas: no Channel search, no adding via web

"Andy73" wrote:

1. Search of channel store. You have to browse through it. At least it could be displayed alphabetically. Why is search disabled?

2. You can't add via the web. You can search the store, so if you could add it would solve #1. Why is this disabled?

Likely they would have to program the Searching and Website for each region. I am guessing the "Rest of the World" region is not programmed, yet, since Roku is not supported in those regions. 
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

"Andy73" wrote:

Two questions.. what region is the Roku meant to be used in (where was it bought), and what region are you using it in?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

"jeffrok" wrote:
"Andy73" wrote:

Two questions.. what region is the Roku meant to be used in (where was it bought), and what region are you using it in?

He has another post mentioning he bought Roku in US and moved to South Korea.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Well, is South Korea even a supported region without the "V word" (don't wanna get this thread locked Smiley Wink).
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
2pints
Level 7

Very much doubt you can use it as you would expect, as Korea (ROK) is ot a supported country/territory, to find out what countries/territories are supported,+what
Programmes/channels are available you
Need to go to the main Roku website, scroll down to the bottom, select change region and you will see a

Very small list in the country selection
Perhaps they will expand further,  some countries have IPTV services that use Roku hardware ( with restricted services, such as
Now tv in the UK, Ireland and Italy
0 Kudos
Andy73
Level 7

US channels like FOX or Disney don't work here, but youtube red, netflix, nba (actually better than US no blackouts), and One America News work fine.

When I look at the channels in the channel store it only shows those I can add, so Disney doesn't show for example. The frustration is you can't search for a channel, you have to find it manually. It looks like the data is there to search, just the search button doesn't work.

Anyways cheers guys.
0 Kudos