Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fox88
Binge Watcher

Re: One Roku account, but I live in two different locations

Here in Oregon for the past several days I've been unable to get Starz without agreeing to start subscription, as I did at my home in California. I do not intend to pay twice.

Yesterday morning, using my smartphone, I made sure that both accounts at both addresses had the same email address and same credit card by changing both of those for confirmation.

This morning, I tried again to see Starz at my OR home, but it requires that I start a subscription again, as I did at my CA home. I do not want to pay twice.

Does this fully indicate that I must have signed up directly with Starz, even though I'm quite certain that I signed up through Roku?

Is this complicated necessity just a tactic which encourages people to pay twice?

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@Fox88  how are you paying for your STARZ subscription? are you paying through Roku or through STARZ themselves? you do not need to pay for another subscription you should have two options. One option will say “start trial” another option will say “login”. The login is for members who already have a subscription. Are you using the actual Starz channel? Or are you viewing Starz through the Roku channel? Log into your Roku account and under subscriptions do you see something for Starz? The problem is you need to figure out how you are subscribed to the Starz channel. 

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/14b058d40b5893ab8b3883e4ed2f2815/starz

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@Fox88  Log into your Roku account. Under linked devices you should see both Roku’s‘s that you own. Next go over to subscriptions. What subscriptions if any are you subscribed to?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Fox88 

Maybe try installing both the Starz Channels/apps on your Roku device and see if either one gives you access without signing up for subscription. (you may have to login).  These are 2 different Channels/apps, so they cannot be accessed interchangeably with the same login creds.  Use the creds you are using in your CA home.  (The icons look similar, but are also different).

From your Roku device, search for Starz.  You should see both Channels available to install.

fox_Starz.pngfox_StarzonRoku.png

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Z06
Roku Guru

@AvsGunnar  Spot on. 

0 Kudos
Fox88
Binge Watcher

Following your advice, this is what I found:

ROKU REPLY:

Try this. Log into your Roku account online. Under linked devices do you see both Roku devices? 

My linked devices

Express

Living room

Serial number:  YG0045092314

Linked:  2/12/2019

Actions:  UnlinkEnable Guest Mode 

CONTENT:

There were no purchases in the past 6 months

INVOICES:

You don't have any invoices 

STARZ on The Roku Channel$

8.99 per month(7 day free trial)

Free trial until 05/14/2022

Cancel subscription

Now that you can see what I have found, my signing up through Roku for Starz, what do I do so that I can see Starz here in OR without paying again?

@Z06 wrote:

@Fox88  Which Roku devices do you own? Are both the same? Is one a TV and one a device? So are you saying Starz is on one Roku but not another? You can’t install it on the one having issues? Or you cannot login? A Roku TV has the option to enter your zip code. Be sure that is correct. But usually the ZIP Code is only to give you proper local channels. You haven’t explained how you’re paying for Starz. Are you paying your Starz subscription through Roku or through Starz themselves? When ever you setup a new Roku when you already own a Roku all the channels that are on one device will automatically be installed on the new device. Try this. Log into your Roku account online. Under linked devices do you see both Roku devices?

<span;>ROKU REPLY:
<span;>Try this. Log into your Roku account online. Under linked devices do you see both Roku devices?

<span;>My linked devices
<span;>Express
<span;>Living room
<span;>Serial number:  YG0045092314
<span;>Linked:  2/12/2019
<span;>Actions:  UnlinkEnable Guest Mode

<span;>CONTENT:
<span;>There were no purchases in the past 6 months
<span;>INVOICES:
<span;>You don't have any invoices

<span;>STARZ on The Roku Channel
<span;>$8.99 per month(7 day free trial)
<span;>Free trial until 05/14/2022
<span;>Cancel subscription

<span;>Now that you can see what I have found, my signing up through Roku for Starz, what do I do so that I can see Starz here in OR without paying again?

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Fox88, thank you for reaching out to us about this. The steps that have been given so far by @Z06, @DBDukes, and @AvsGunnar will help you differentiate between your Roku devices and how to find where your active Starz subscription is.  We do have access to your information and can see what devices are linked to what email as well as what subscriptions would be listed for each particular Roku device. To go over this and better assist you to identify what the issue is, we will be sending you a message here on The Roku Community.  Please keep an eye out at the top of your page for a notification on your mail icon to indicate we have sent you a message. 

Fox88
Binge Watcher

ROKU REPLY:

Try this. Log into your Roku account online. Under linked devices do you see both Roku devices? 

My linked devices

Express

Living room

Serial number:  YG0045092314

Linked:  2/12/2019

Actions:  UnlinkEnable Guest Mode 

CONTENT:

There were no purchases in the past 6 months

INVOICES:

You don't have any invoices 

STARZ on The Roku Channel

$8.99 per month(7 day free trial)

Free trial until 05/14/2022

Cancel subscription 

Now that you can see what I have found, my signing up through Roku for Starz, what do I do so that I can see Starz here in OR without paying again?

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@Fox88  So you signed up for Starz free trial which ends on the 14th. Cancel that and if you want Starz then sign up for it directly from Starz themselves. Also your Roku account only shows one linked devices in the Living Room? if you own several Roku devices it will list all your Roku devices. That is the problem. When I log into my Roku account I see all 10 of my Roku devices. Your only seeing one. You also signed up for STARZ on the Roku channel. That’s not the same as Starz itself 

So to sum it up your Roku account only shows 1 Roku device and you are subscribed to Starz on the Roku channel for a free trial. Your Roku account should show both your Roku devices which it does not. That means your using different Roku accounts for each device.

0 Kudos
Fox88
Binge Watcher

I hope that I will see your reply on my email, aikidofox@gmail.com

I'm 75 years old, and like many of your customers, this is all extremely complicated for me. If it were more simple, allowing me to see what I purchase at both of my addresses, I'm certain that I would sign up for more of your streaming products.

John

0 Kudos