Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Not sure if I have 2 accounts

My roku streaming device had apps on it one day. I factory reset and tried to get into my roku to pair it,   It said my email was not on file. I made a new account with the same email and password and it worked. My subscriptions like shudder did not transfer to my new roku account now I have 2 roku accounts with the same name and password but can only access one.  How can I manage my subscriptions and get to my old account?  Support is not taking calls right now do to the virus  cause some are told to stay home so not many workings there. How can I access my subscriptions? 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 2 accounts?

@Jazz661232 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that users will not be able to set up a Roku account with an already user email address. If you need to recover your former Roku account, you will need the login credentials to access those channels. Is it possible that you create your older Roku account with another email address?

If you need assistance recovering your old Roku account, we would recommend reaching out to our Support team here for your 'Account or billing' issue, and select 'managing your order': https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My account

[personal information removed] I thing either a hacker or some kind of update killed my roku account. On my tv my roku streaming device showed no apps at all I have 3 Rokus on my account and they all went blank. I tried getting in to my account but it said it didn’t exist. I did a factory reset and made a new roku account with the same user name and password. I had subscriptions like life time movie club, shudder, and brown sugar. What will happen to my subscriptions? I know they will not just transfer to my new account. I tried contacting roku support but due to the virus and people staying home, you can only get service by email them. I (R) downloaded most the apps and on the other devices, I link them to my new account now the process of seeing if the apps on my account will download to the other roku devices. Wonder what and why this happened? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My account

@Jazz661232 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend reaching out to our Support team here for your 'Account or billing' issue, and select 'managing your order': https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My new account

On my new roku account it says I have no subscriptions, but on my old roku account it show I have like 3 subscriptions. One to shudder, one to brown sugar, and one to lifetime movie club. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: My new account

@Jazz661232 Thanks for the note here. This would occur if you created two separate Roku accounts. You will only see a subscription if you are logged into the Roku account you used to sign up for whichever services you currently have subscriptions for. You can log into your account at my.roku.com to view any current subscriptions by clicking on 'Manage my subscriptions'. If you don't see anything appearing here when you log into a Roku account, you will need to sign into your original/other Roku account using the original email you created your initial Roku account under. 

You can see the Roku account (associated email address) that any Roku device is linked to by visiting Settings>System>About on your device. You might use this to help identify the email address you used to sign up initially, then log into that Roku account to view or manage your subscriptions and/or billing. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It says the other account don’t exist. I made a new account with the same email and password. I can’t access my old account. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@Jazz661232  On each Roku device that you own, please try visiting Settings>System>About to see what email address appears on your device. You would then use that email address to log into the associated Roku account at my.roku.com

The only way that an account wouldn't exist would be if you had used the option to close and delete the account when logged in at my.roku.com 

If you need further help from there, you'll need to reach out to our support team directly here: https://support.roku.com/contactus

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just did that and it have the email that is on the old and new account, they both have the same email address so when I log in with the email address, it automatically take me to my new account, it never take me to my old account which have the same email address. But the reason for me making a new account was because it said that account wasn’t on file. So I made another account with the same email address so the new one is where it always take me, but my subscription is on the old account, so I can get to my subscriptions 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@Jazz661232  This would indicate that your old subscription is under a different email address/Roku account. It's possible that you had a typo in your email address when you registered your previous account. Did you set up your original Roku account yourself, or did you by chance contact a 3rd party support service for help setting up your old account? 

As we've noted, you'll need to work with our support team directly for more help with your account and any billing issue. They can assist with investigating further using your email address or payment method. Please contact them directly here: https://support.roku.com/contactus

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos