Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No longer have access to email account associated with the Roku

Jump to solution

I have an account of my mom's that I do not have access to the email and am unable to reset the password. I need to manage the subscriptions because I'm being charged for things I cannot cancel without the logins. It's on my credit card. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No longer have access to email account associated with the Roku

Jump to solution

@answ 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are unable to recover your email address and cannot reset your password, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution
The old email address is used as a login name for your Roku account at https://my.roku.com. As long as you know the old email address (Settings > System > About will show it to you as the account name) and the old password, you should be able to log in. Once there, you can change the email address associated with the account. What I DON'T know is whether this changes your login name or if you're stuck with the old email address for that.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks - the problem is I don't have the old password either - and can't reset the password bc I no longer have access to that email account. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@answ 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are unable to recover your email address and cannot reset your password, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The link you provide for emailing your staff about an unaccessible email account requires a login. If I could login, I'd have no issue. A circular reference that prevents access to help. 

I bought a new TV with built-in Roku, but can't set it up because the email address for the old account has been closed. I cannot log in, cannot receive email to reset password. I cannot even close the old account. Help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R yes - similar to @Illiteratus comment - the info you provided takes me to a login page - which doesn't help - it just takes me back to the original question. I have the email address associated with the account, i do not have access to the account. I cannot reset the password. I cannot contact customer support because I don't have the login in. When I select 'Acccounts & Billing' as the topic, it prompts me to the log in. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Can't access my email to rest my password

Jump to solution

Can't reset my password because I no longer have that email.  I am logged in on the roku tv and can see what my email is but can't access my account online to even submit something to support. The main reason I need to get into my acct online is to change my pin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Illiteratus @answ 

Thanks for the information.

Have you tried contacting Support and logging in with the information that you are using to log into the Roku Community?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I'm not sure where my comment went but I'm having the same issue. I tried to login with my email and password that were both correct and it said it was wrong. Then I tried to reset my password but I don't have access to that email anymore. I am getting billed for random stuff that's on my Roku that I don't use. The post that you posted on someone elses thread, and I do that but it just takes me back to the same page and tells me to do the same thing. And I can't get in please help I just want to remove my card @RokuDanny-R  @needrokuhelp 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@jessicacarverrr 

Thanks for the post.

I have replied to your PM that you have sent me, and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos