Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewd0214
Level 7

No Credit card? Stay away from Roku subscriptions!

Hello,

If you are not using a credit card to pay for your subscriptions, stay away from this system! It becomes very expensive! If your bank card does not have sufficient funds to pay a subscription fee once, the subscribing company will retry to charge your payment method again three days later, and three days after that and three days after that. If it is a bank ATM card that charges you $32 per NSF item it becomes very expensive quite rapidly! Then even if you try to cancel a subscription they don't stop trying to charge you. They charge you for an entire month even if you never tune in and you cancel within a few days of your first billing. My bank balance is currently -$72 and I won't be paid agian until November 15. Roku will probably charge me again on saturday and again next tuesday and my bank will charge me NSF fees for those two charges of $32 each time. I am going to be charged a lot of money in NSF fees because these subscription companies cannot be told to stop charging me. It is awful! So if you don't have a credit card to pay for your Roku subscriptions, avoid using Roku!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
boogernose
Level 9

Re: No Credit card? Stay away from Roku subscriptions!

^^^^venting^^^^

0 Kudos
gandalf1369
Level 8

Perhaps you should manage your bank account better and not subscribe to channels you can't afford.

JMM1
Level 8

This is a great warning to people who may be just starting out with credit cards and bank cards.

Some people never make mistakes and the other 99.99% do.