Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haysmclean
Level 7

New order going to an old address

I got an email saying that my Roku 2 was getting out of date and I needed to order an upgrade to a Roku express.  I followed links to the website and ordered the new device.  The records indicated my old address, which I tried to change to my new address.  Then I got an email saying the device was shipping to my old address!

I've tried using customer service for roku which is like going into a black hole.  They say I can't update my address and the purchase has already gone through so I need to contact the carrier to tell them to change it to my new address.  But, I don't know who the carrier is and the person on chat didn't either!

Is there some secret to getting to customer service to actually help me to change the records on my account?  I'm accepting that I have lost the money on my order last night.

This is a very bad customer service!  

Any thoughts?

23 Replies
Graham63
Level 7

Re: New order going to an old address

I am in the same situation right now. Worst! Customer service experience. Sat in que when I called with an initial 19 minute wait which increased the longer I stayed on the line! I hung up at 25 minutes! Get your act together Roku!
Update: Received a reply from DannyR at roku offering his help in getting my situation straightened out. Sent him my order# and correct mailing address but heard nothing else. Today I received an email from Roku letting me know my order shipped.........to the wrong address! 3 stooges customer service! I will never again do business with Roku.
Snico
Level 8

I am having the same problem.  I couldn't even edit an old address that they have stored which is an old address.  I renewed my address info months ago.  I've tried their "support" but its a joke and the chat online gives the same run around as do all their support links.  I did email support and received an email with no support, but I did receive an email asking "How would you rate the support you received?"  In this email I was given an option to a link stating "No, I'm still having issues".  I followed that link which states: "This request is now closed. Unfortunately, that means the ticket can no longer be rated."  This must be the Twilight Zone or some parallel universe going on.  Anyway, I am not a satisfied customer at this point!! 

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please send me a private message with the email address used to place your order, along with the order number(s). I'll have a member of our Support team take a look and help get this straightened out for you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kei
Level 7

I am having the same issue!!! Can’t find any support from Roku! I tried calling the number and the estimated time keeps on increasing instead of decreasing. What a **bleep** system and so stressful. I feel very disappointed and wanted to regret wanting to stay with Roku.

I have updated my address before submitting the order but it still says shipping to my okd address.

I see a roku employee replying email him directly but can’t find a way to do that as well!

Roku needs to improve!
mrod
Level 7

I am having the same issue.  I changed the mailing address and saved.  Processed my order and the order is being sent to an old address.  I would like to get it corrected prior to the order being shipped. Can I please get some assistance?

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Kei @mrod 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please send me a private message with the email address used to place your order, along with the order number(s). I'll have a member of our Support team take a look and help get this straightened out for you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
melissam0408
Level 7

Thank you for sharing your experience, because I thought I was crazy for going through the exact same thing. Roku’s customer service is a complete joke!
It took me 20 mins to figure out the online chat. After all of that mess, I was told can’t change address as item is ready to be shipped.
I just checked again and it’s still processing the order. If I would have known it would be this much trouble I would have gone with another option.
Hopefully you get somewhere with your order!
0 Kudos
Luv2bake59
Level 7

I’m in the same boat, order going to old address, been trying for 3 day to try and contact Customer  service , what a joke, 2 1/2 hr waiting to chat only to be told order is already processed and ends, they got my money and no order shows in my account [content removed]

0 Kudos
Papaworth
Level 7

Oeder#800032953 going to wrong address.New address is
5113 Worthington terr
St. Louis Mo 63128
0 Kudos