Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

New email and password

I am using an ex-boyfriend’s Roku device on my TV that is associated with an old email of his and his password that I do not know. I am paying for Netflix every month and I would like to change the email and password associated with this Roku device. Is there a way for me to do this I do not know his password and his email appears to not be working

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: New email and password

The only way to change the email address, and therefore the Roku account, is to perform a factory reset.  If your payment method is associated with the account you cannot control and you have active subscriptions paid through Roku, you'll probably have to contact Roku.  If Netflix is your only subscription and you pay Netflix directly, just perform a factory reset and create a Roku account of your own.  You'll have to add your channels again and authenticate with Netflix.

To perform a factory reset, go to Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Factory reset and follow the prompts.  When creating a new account, make sure you go to https://roku.com/link when prompted.  Beware of scams!