Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbhdfc
Reel Rookie

New TV with ROKU AND I’m not ready to activate yet. I just want my TV for now nothing extra.

Bought a new TV today that happens to have ROKU on it.  I’m not ready to start “streaming” until I see what’s available and I do my homework but I can’t get past the ROKU screen to activate.  It sent a message to my email when I entered it but it’s asking for payment that I’m not ready to commit to.  
Could someone please tell me how to bypass this?  I’ve turned my TV off and on, shut the power off but the screen says “Account activation link sent to:” the second I turn it back on and I’m not ready to activate it yet.

how do I bypass this? 
thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: New TV with ROKU AND I’m not ready to activate yet. I just want my TV for now nothing extra.

Try unplugging the TV for at least 30 seconds.  That should reset the TV to factory.  If this works then in the lets get started menu choose your language, then next Setup for home use.  This should take you to choose your network screen.  Scroll down and select connect to the Internet later.  

If unplugging the TV did not reset the TV check your user manual for a way to manually reset the TV and then follow the setup procedure above.

0 Kudos
cbhdfc
Reel Rookie

Re: New TV with ROKU AND I’m not ready to activate yet. I just want my TV for now nothing extra.

I did unplug TV, one of the first things I did (see my original post). My neighbors son works for a cable co.  It took him 3 seconds to fix the problem this morning.  
Thank you for your time. 

0 Kudos
parallon

Can you tell us how your neighbor's son fixed the problem?  I ran into the same issue...

0 Kudos
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @parallon. You can set up an account using this link:

https://my.roku.com/signup/nocc

Try using a browser on a computer for the setup. There should be a "skip this step" option in the payment method tab.

If it still doesn't work out, you can add a payment method and remove it after your account is completely set up. Here's how:

https://support.roku.com/article/1500010179301

For any further questions, feel free to PM us; we'll be happy to assist!

0 Kudos