Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS2
Level 7

New Relationship - Two Roku devices/two accounts to one account/one household

Jump to solution

I recently moved in with my partner, who has an existing Roku account and device. I have an older device (Streaming Stick 3500) that I have not used for several years. It is attached to an old account. I would like to add the streaming stick to my partner's account and use it on the television downstairs. How do I remove it from mine and activate it on hers?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New Relationship - Two Roku devices/two accounts to one account/one household

Jump to solution

@CS2 

Thanks for the inquiry.

All you need to do is try to perform a factory reset on your Roku Streaming Stick. When prompted to link it to a Roku account, just input the proper Roku account that you wish to add the device to.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New Relationship - Two Roku devices/two accounts to one account/one household

Jump to solution

@CS2 

Thanks for the inquiry.

All you need to do is try to perform a factory reset on your Roku Streaming Stick. When prompted to link it to a Roku account, just input the proper Roku account that you wish to add the device to.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

Just be aware that anything tied to the old account won't appear on the device after you link it to the new account. Any subscriptions made directly through Roku won't be there on the new account. If you do have such subscriptions, you might be able to move them to the new account, but that's just a guess on my part.

Just a caution as well. The 3500 is an old product. You can't get a replacement remote, so take good care of it. The 3500 does still receive OS updates from Roku, but many of the newest channels will not work on it, such as Disney+ or CBS All Access to name a couple. And even channels that do still work will not perform as well. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos