Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

New Internet provider

I recently changed service providers and my roku was connected to the former provider.....how do I switch it out so that I may sign in to my new provider.....also my remote is used through my phone but will not connect due to issue with provider....how do I resolve this

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: New Internet provider

If you are saying your only remote is the Roku app on your phone, you're out of luck.  The Roku app can only connect to Roku units that are already connected to the same network as the phone.  That means you can't use the phone to set up a new network connection on the Roku -- you must use a physical remote control that is compatible with your Roku model.  What model do you have?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

Re: New Internet provider

If you lost the remote, you cannot access any features to change the WiFi network if that is your problem. If it is NOT a stick model, you can buy a basic universal remote at many stores to control it. If it is a stick model, then it must be a Roku remote. It may be cheaper to simply buy a new Roku than get a replacement remote from Roku.

0 Kudos