Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmichael0520
Level 7

New Debit Charged with no Roku Subscription

Hi, I do not use Roku and have never put my brand new card on any Roku account in the past. I received a new debit card from Wells Fargo a day ago, and for some reason, I was charged $6.36. I have no idea how, but I need the charge reversed. The card was not even activated yet and it still got charged (???) This account was created for the sole purpose of posting this. It does not have any subscriptions or orders, and I have no idea what account made the order or what any order numbers are associated to the charge. I have my card number though. The charge shows up as "PURCHASE ROKU FOR CBS 816-2728107 DE CARDXXXX"

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New Debit Charged with no Roku Subscription

You should probably start with Wells Fargo and find out where the charge really came from.  Ask them how a card you never added to any account got charged.  All you'll get here is the standard, "contact Roku at https://support.roku.com/contactus ".  They probably won't be much help if you don't have any Roku account, but if you go that route use the same login that you used on this forum.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New Debit Charged with no Roku Subscription

@renojimis right on.

If you have had no dealings with Roku, report this to Wells Fargo as a bogus charge.

Any scammer worth his salt can call his bogus charge whatever he wants. Wells Fargo should be able to trace it back to its actual origin.

Let us know what they find out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos