Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vpollatos
Level 7

Need to change HULU billing

Jump to solution

I have had mu HULU billed through roku for years. I have been entitled to free Hulu with my Sprint service for sometime now but every time I try to switch it, it becomes too time consuming. Can someone please advise how to do this. I have 'added on' the Hulu via Sprint but can't figure out how to 'convert' my Hulu account to be billed to Sprint and stop charging my credit card through roku. Pls help. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need to change HULU billing

Jump to solution

@vpollatos 

You won't actually convert the account. You'll cancel the current account, and then start using an account set up in conjuction with Sprint. You'll lose all history, as this is a different account. So...

Cancel Hulu through Roku. (required)

Remove the Hulu app, reboot the Roku, reinstall the Hulu app. (strongly suggested)

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@vpollatos 

You won't actually convert the account. You'll cancel the current account, and then start using an account set up in conjuction with Sprint. You'll lose all history, as this is a different account. So...

Cancel Hulu through Roku. (required)

Remove the Hulu app, reboot the Roku, reinstall the Hulu app. (strongly suggested)

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
vpollatos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you so very much for the detailed explanation. I will do as you suggested. I was hoping to avoid getting a "new" hulu account (history, watch lists, etc) but I guess it's the only way. Again thanks for prompt reply.

0 Kudos
Rivers68
Level 7

Jump to solution

need to cancel the hulu account from my creditcard  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hey @Rivers68

Thanks for the post.

To request cancellation of your Hulu subscription, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Connor1
Level 7

Jump to solution

i need to take my billing info off of roku for hulu i have a charge on my account i did not do

0 Kudos
Connor1
Level 7

Jump to solution

i tried that will try again

0 Kudos
Brenpen
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have never ordered Hulu.  Request it to be deleted & a refund of $6.99.

0 Kudos
Natan-Roku

Jump to solution

Hi @Brenpen, thank you for the post! We see that you would like to cancel the Hulu subscription on your account. The most effective way would be to contact their support team directly.
Here's a link to their site:
https://help.hulu.com/s/
If you prefer, we'll be happy to connect with Hulu directly on your behalf. Please keep in mind that if you choose this option, it may take longer for your request to be resolved.
Please send us a PM if you have any questions or would like us to escalate this for you. Thank you.

0 Kudos