Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tylerissthe
Reel Rookie

Need a refund for a purchase i did not make

Never had a roku account and got a charge for 60$ espn on a roku

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: Need a refund for a purchase i did not make

Hi @Tylerissthe, thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community about the charge you received. If you have never had a Roku account and are being billed for ESPN+ on Roku, we will have to collect additional information from you to find where the charges are coming from. Please keep an eye out in your inbox for our message so we can help you out! 

Tylerissthe
Reel Rookie

Please and thank you

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

If you really don't have a Roku account, then this most likely is a bogus charge placed by a scammer that has somehow gotten hold of your credit card number.   When they place a bogus charge against you they can use any description they want, so they put in something innocuous like Roku, or Amazon, or whatever, in the hope that you will not look into it and just pay it.

I'd suggest you dispute this with your Credit Card company.  You typically have something like 60 days in which to dispute the charge before it becomes unrecoverable.  They can trace the charge back to whoever actually placed it.  Once it is confirmed that your cc number has been compromised, they probably will have to cancel your card and issue you a new one.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

I have a charge on my account for $59.99 I do not know what the charge is for and I am respectfully asking for a refund. If this is a reoccurring charge please cancel the subscription and refund the fee to my account please. 

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@evangelawalker  If the charge is by a scammer then it might be a fraudulent charge.

I’d recommend submitting a bill inquiry here: https://support.roku.com/contactus.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @evangelawalker, we see that you're receiving a charge that you don't have much information about. We're here to help out! Since we'll be covering your account details, we will be reaching out through direct message here on The Roku Community. Please keep an eye on your inbox for us to look into this. 

Tylerissthe
Reel Rookie

Are you still here I sent out the email with pictures from my bank account 

0 Kudos
bludog

I have been billed by roku 3 seperate charges, $1.52, $10.84 and $11.91, all inthe month of july. I made no charges. Havesomeone get in touchwith me asap.

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @bludog, let's help get to the bottom of this! We are going to send you a message directly so we can collect more information and investigate further. Please be on the lookout for our message.