Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

NBA Subscription Issues

Jump to solution

Is anyone having a problem with their NBA League Pass subscription? I purchased the subscription through ROKU and I cant access it. NBA says they have no such account, actually, and now I'm being told I will only get my money back if NBA approves it which is Bull because ROKU charged me!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: NBA Subscription Issues

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
28 Replies
Level 12

Jump to solution

@Jamma2330 wrote:

Is anyone having a problem with their NBA League Pass subscription? I purchased the subscription through ROKU and I cant access it. NBA says they have no such account, actually, and now I'm being told I will only get my money back if NBA approves it which is Bullsht because ROKU charged me!

Actually, even if you charged it on your card in your Roku profile, the charge was with the NBA.  That's because Roku contracted with the NBA to offer NBA League Pass on Roku.  It's just like if you subscribed to HBO through the Roku Channel. Roku contracted with HBO to be able to offer HBO as a premium service on the Roku Channel, separate and apart from the HBO app offered in the Channel Store.  So even if your card is charged through your Roku account you are really paying HBO through Roku. 

0 Kudos
Level 19

Jump to solution

If you subscribed through Roku, you probably have to access it via The Roku Channel.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

I’m also having this same issue. It’s really frustrating. I’ve been chatting with both Roku and NBA league pass customer support to no avail. A lot of time trying to resolve this issue which seems to baffle their customer support.

Level 8

Jump to solution

@C_I wrote:

@Jamma2330 wrote:

Is anyone having a problem with their NBA League Pass subscription? I purchased the subscription through ROKU and I cant access it. NBA says they have no such account, actually, and now I'm being told I will only get my money back if NBA approves it which is Bullsht because ROKU charged me!

Actually, even if you charged it on your card in your Roku profile, the charge was with the NBA.  That's because Roku contracted with the NBA to offer NBA League Pass on Roku.  It's just like if you subscribed to HBO through the Roku Channel. Roku contracted with HBO to be able to offer HBO as a premium service on the Roku Channel, separate and apart from the HBO app offered in the Channel Store.  So even if your card is charged through your Roku account you are really paying HBO through Roku. 

I spoke with NBA and purchases made through certain devices NBA has no access to. They said I would have to talk with ROKU. When I spoke with ROKU they said it's up to NBA. I'm getting the runaround. 

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

NBA said we have to go through their app, plus we were on ROKU channel today and there was no NBA League Pass.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yeah, I had the same response. I’ve also been told to to restart and update  the system. But it’s still not working. I might have to get a refund if this issue can’t be resolved. Maybe I can buy through the nba website itself.

Level 8

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue and now I'm trying to get a refund n getting the run-around it's bull**bleep**

Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes I am having the same problem. I'm very upset because I wanted to watch a game tonight. I went through a similar issue last season. I could try paying for it though the NBA app but then I will get charged twice. This is ridiculous. Customer support is awful too. They would not give me a refund. 

Level 12

Jump to solution

Wow!  Technically, NBA TV and NBA League pass are third party apps which Roku has no control over as Roku is just the server which those services are provided. 

0 Kudos