Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Austin44_
Level 7

My rokou kicked my dad out and I need to log him back in

My rokou kicked my dad out his account and so i used my information to get back in and now i need to log him in and if i do a factory rest will he lose his subscriptions he has. Can anyone please help me?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My rokou kicked my dad out and I need to log him back in

If you perform a factory reset and link it to his account all of his subscriptions paid through Roku will be restored.  If he has subscriptions directly with the provider (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) he will have to log in again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Austin44_
Level 7

So how exactly do i know if I'm able to link it to his account? 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: My roku kicked my dad out and I need to log him back in

When you do a factory reset, that takes the Roku back to factory settings. It must be set up as if it's a brand new player. When you do the setup, you link it to a user account. As long as you use his same user account, every channel currently installed will be added to the player. If you link it to a different user account, you get the channels that are attached to that user account. Once a Roku is set up on a user account, there's no way to change it to a different user without doing the factory reset and start over. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

We are talking about Roku accounts, right?  I'm a little confused because if we've moved it from Dad's Roku account to your Roku account, then a factory reset has already happened once.

I'm wondering if we're talking about something else like a Netflix account?

0 Kudos
Austin44_
Level 7

Yes i was watching the ufc fight on roku off the ESPN app Saturday night i went outside for a few minutes came back in and the roku was off and when i turned it back on it was saying pick language and i just put all my information in because i didn't know his and i was just trying to get back to the fight

0 Kudos
renojim

Yep, that sounds like for whatever reason it was factory reset.  You only get the "Pick a language" screen after a factory reset.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos