Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mickyfinn
Level 7

Re: Multiple Rokus on Same Account

Jump to solution
Can you use three or more devises at the same time that are on the same accounts?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Mickyfinn 

This question has 2 parts to consider: 1) Your Roku account/devices. and 2) The streaming channel service(s)/account(s) you are trying to use on multiple devices. 

For 1) - Yes, you can certainly use any/all Roku devices linked to an account at the same time. We have no limitations.  

For 2) - This depends on the streaming service(s). Some services limit the number of devices that can be used with one account at one time. e.g. Netflix for instance has limitations on the number of active devices that can stream at the same time on one account, regardless of whether it is a Roku or any other device used to access the service. This type of limitation often depends on the plan you have subscribed to, or the provider's individual policies. 

For 2), you'll need to contact any specific streaming channel provider directly to inquire as to whether or not they have device limitations for simultaneous usage. They will be able to clarify any limitations that they currently have.

Hope that helps clarify things! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

Highlighted
flamant15
Level 7

Jump to solution

Can Roku add a feature whether the devices mirror one another? I would really prefer to use one account, but allow each Roku device to have independent channels. Having to make multiple Roku accounts for one house is not a graceful solution and not a good customer experience.

Primary Roku TV - has 1 set of apps

Secondary Roku Stick - has apps I want for the kids playroom

How do we request this feature from Roku?

One account, one set of channels, regardless of how many boxes are attached to the account.
If you want an independent set of channels, you need to create separate accounts. But you can
use the same credit card for each account, if you like. You just need different e-mail addresses.

Highlighted
eckto1
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am also wanting a single account with different profiles.  This is available in Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon, so the technology does exist.  PS- as a developer I know exactly how to implement it but it seems not enough people are clamoring. Having multiple accounts to be able to control channel lineup and content is just a lazy implementation that gives a **bleep** user experience when faced with one account for parents and one account for kids and one account for guests.  Seriously, I can't be the only person on the planet who doesn't want to manage three accounts because I am a parent.

Highlighted
SandmanXX
Level 9

Jump to solution

As a possibly dumb question, does the app handle that the same way?  Different accounts for different remotes?

I am talking about using a Roku app as a remote, on an android phone, and at risk of answering my own question here, would you need to sign in with a different account to use the remote on a particular box?  Or, is the remote universal to just identifying the box itself?

-- Never mind.  I discovered the triple line menu top middle of the remote screen. Smiley Happy

(3) Roku Ultras 4670X, Samsung Q8 tv, Samsung NU7100 tv
0 Kudos
Highlighted
SandmanXX
Level 9

Jump to solution

@eckto1 wrote:

I am also wanting a single account with different profiles.  This is available in Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon, so the technology does exist.  PS- as a developer I know exactly how to implement it but it seems not enough people are clamoring. Having multiple accounts to be able to control channel lineup and content is just a lazy implementation that gives a **bleep** user experience when faced with one account for parents and one account for kids and one account for guests.  Seriously, I can't be the only person on the planet who doesn't want to manage three accounts because I am a parent.

I also discovered, later on, the profiles button, the last icon to the right on the top row, where you see My Stuff, with Hulu. Smiley Happy

(3) Roku Ultras 4670X, Samsung Q8 tv, Samsung NU7100 tv
0 Kudos