Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Outraged
Level 7

Multiple Rokus on Same Account

Jump to solution

I did a search but did not find an answer. How does it work with regard to channels? Do they mirror each other with regard to channels? Or is it like my (multiple) Android phones with the Google Play store, where when I add an app I can select which phone/s I want it to install on?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zm3sichi
Level 9

Re: Multiple Rokus on Same Account

Jump to solution
"Outraged" wrote:
I did a search but did not find an answer. How does it work with regard to channels? Do they mirror each other with regard to channels? Or is it like my (multiple) Android phones with the Google Play store, where when I add an app I can select which phone/s I want it to install on?

Thanks

One account, one set of channels, regardless of how many boxes are attached to the account.
If you want an independent set of channels, you need to create separate accounts. But you can
use the same credit card for each account, if you like. You just need different e-mail addresses.
0 Kudos
11 Replies
zm3sichi
Level 9

Jump to solution
"Outraged" wrote:

Thanks

One account, one set of channels, regardless of how many boxes are attached to the account.
If you want an independent set of channels, you need to create separate accounts. But you can
use the same credit card for each account, if you like. You just need different e-mail addresses.
0 Kudos
patpucker
Level 7

Jump to solution
All Roku's shared on the account will have the same channels, that is contingent of course on the model being able to support the channel. i.e. An LT wont have a game such as Angry Birds where as the 3 would.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Jump to solution
"Outraged" wrote:

Thanks

Also, if you buy a channel/game, it will install on all devices on that account. Of course, if you set up separate accounts for separate Roku boxes, you'd have to purchase the Channel/game for each account you want it on.

You can link Roku boxes on separate accounts to the same subscription service. For instance, I have Netflix for the grandchildren (family account). Each has their own Roku with separate accounts. They have different channels/games installed. But, they share the same Netflix family account.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Okay, so you can have 2 boxes and one account. Can your household be watching 2 different programs at the aame time? Even if they are both are watching the same channel, say Netflix.
D. K. Surbaugh
http://www.WisdomSteps101.net
0 Kudos
zm3sichi
Level 9

Jump to solution
"princeofthrift" wrote:
Okay, so you can have 2 boxes and one account. Can your household be watching 2 different programs at the same time? Even if they are both are watching the same channel, say Netflix.

Well, it wouldn't be two different programs if it were the *same* channel, right?  But, yes, you can watch different channels on different boxes in the same account. It's just that both boxes will have the same channel line up, and the one account will get billed for any pay channels accessible to either box under that one account.
0 Kudos
T_J
Level 7

Jump to solution
Depends on which Netflix plan you have. I used to have 2 HD streams for $7.99; got the letter; switched to 1 SD stream for $7.99.
Sling TV Blue is for 3 streams while the Orange may only be for 1 stream (?). I had Blue last month. Problably sign up to Orange next week.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Jump to solution
I have far more than 2 devices registered with Netflix. Just a quick count, but with my Smart TVs, Rokus and Blu Ray players, I have at least 7 devices registered. Of course, I doubt more than two at any one time are in use. 

As far as general Roku use, I don't think there's any restriction on how many you can have on a Roku account. I currently have 3, as I gave one 2 XS to my grandkids. I mainly only use the Stick and the 4, but the other 2 XS is still hooked up and running.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
brookevp
Level 7

Jump to solution
Can I have an additional ROKU even if it's on a separate internet connection? For example, can I use my ROKU account at my house and have another ROKU at my parent's house but all on one ROKU account?
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

Jump to solution
"brookevp" wrote:
Can I have an additional ROKU even if it's on a separate internet connection? For example, can I use my ROKU account at my house and have another ROKU at my parent's house but all on one ROKU account?

Yes. I have a similar situation with managing two households. I have one Roku at the second household on my primary account.

Anything added to or removed from one Roku will cause the same to happen on all devices. If they add an app, you’ll get it on yours. If they remove an app, it will remove from yours.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos