Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ExAApunk
Level 7

Multiple Accounts login option

Is there away to quickly switch between accounts on Roku? What I mean is my son and I have a Roku express and I have my streaming apps and he has his and is there a quick way to switch between accounts on Roku device(Roku express+) or will I need to unlink from my main account and link to other Roku account everytime I switch between accounts? I’m trying to switch but I created a Roku account for him on site and don’t see any way to connect that account to Roku express. I’ve never tried this and I searched for similar posts and can’t find any IM SORRY.

Thank You
Nick
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Multiple Accounts login option

"ExAApunk" wrote:
Is there away to quickly switch between accounts on Roku? What I mean is my son and I have a Roku express and I have my streaming apps and he has his and is there a quick way to switch between accounts on Roku device(Roku express+) or will I need to unlink from my main account and link to other Roku account everytime I switch between accounts? I’m trying to switch but I created a Roku account for him on site and don’t see any way to connect that account to Roku express. I’ve never tried this and I searched for similar posts and can’t find any IM SORRY.

Thank You
Nick

Nope. Roku doesn't support multiple accounts on the same device.

One thing you might want to consider: rearrange the apps.

Suppose the decision was made to simply leave it on your account. You could add the apps he uses that you don't use to your Roku. Then, after you have his and yours, rearrange the apps. Press the Options button (asterisk *) and Move Channel.

Put all his at the top of the menu and all yours (that only you use) at the bottom, with your favorites at the very bottom. If there are some that you both use, you might want to put them at the very top.

Then, when he wants to use the Roku, he hits HOME and all his apps show.

When you want to use the Roku, hit HOME, then instead of DOWN, your would go UP to your apps.

The only issue would be is you have a large number of apps. Then, you really should ask yourself if you actually use those apps. If not, remove them and see if you miss them.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
ExAApunk
Level 7

Thanks DBDukes for reply... well that’s a bummer but I will try what you suggested and give it a try thanks for suggestion.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 10

Or maybe get a second Roku, connected to a second HDMI port, one Roku on each acvount.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"makaiguy" wrote:
Or maybe get a second Roku, connected to a second HDMI port, one Roku on each acvount.

Problematic with an Express, as they are IR only. Two of those on the same TV will be a problem.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos