Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Moving to Portugal from UK and using Roku

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community, specific question which i hope you maybe able to answer. I am moving to Portugal from the UK and still want to watch UK terrestrial TV channels whilst im in Portugal, can i use the Roku solution as a means to do this i.e. via a streaming platform like IPTV?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Moving to Portugal from UK and using Roku

Jump to solution

@StevieDeaks 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@StevieDeaks 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the advice, appreciate that being in a different Region will need to see if the channels are still free to air or if I need to seek a third party to be able to stream using the Roku system. Cheers

0 Kudos