Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Moved to another country

Jump to solution

Hello, I recently moved to Uruguay South America. I brought my US purchased Roku. Here I have access to HBOGO thru my cable provider. Also I have access to Prime video. I can not seem to be able to access them here. Do I have reset my ROKU and re register it using my email and info here in order to access these apps? At this point I only have access to Netflix.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Moved to another country

Jump to solution

@grngito  Thanks for reaching out. If you move to a different country/region, you will need to create a new Roku account located in that region at my.roku.com

Once you create a new account, you'll need to factory reset your device, then link it to your new Roku account to see the correct selection of channels available in your current location. If you try to continue using a device linked to an account in another region, you will likely encounter playback issues due to geo-filtering measures implemented by channel providers. (As a reminder, make sure to log into your current Roku account at my.roku.com and review any active subscriptions that you have, in order to avoid any duplicate billing.)

Channel availability varies from region to region, as determined by each channel provider themselves. Some channels/services will not be available in all locations on the Roku platform. In some cases, these services may be available in your location on another platform or on other devices, but not necessarily on Roku if the channel provider has not chosen to make their channel available in that location. For any additional questions regarding a specific channel's availability on Roku, you'll want to contact that channel/service provider directly. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution
I *think*, if the channel has different versions in other countries, your US-based Roku account will only connect you to the US versions.

You can take out an additional Roku account using a new local email address to access the channels available there.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@grngito  Thanks for reaching out. If you move to a different country/region, you will need to create a new Roku account located in that region at my.roku.com

Once you create a new account, you'll need to factory reset your device, then link it to your new Roku account to see the correct selection of channels available in your current location. If you try to continue using a device linked to an account in another region, you will likely encounter playback issues due to geo-filtering measures implemented by channel providers. (As a reminder, make sure to log into your current Roku account at my.roku.com and review any active subscriptions that you have, in order to avoid any duplicate billing.)

Channel availability varies from region to region, as determined by each channel provider themselves. Some channels/services will not be available in all locations on the Roku platform. In some cases, these services may be available in your location on another platform or on other devices, but not necessarily on Roku if the channel provider has not chosen to make their channel available in that location. For any additional questions regarding a specific channel's availability on Roku, you'll want to contact that channel/service provider directly. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos