Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BCA
Level 8

Moved from US to UK with my new Roku - how to get UK programming?

Jump to solution

Back in August, when I was temporarily in the US, I bought a Roku Premiere (3920 series) and used it for about six weeks while there.  I've brought it home to the UK and it works here, though seems to still all be US channels.  I'd like to change this so that I get the UK programming. 

I can see that similar questions have been asked, and I get the idea that I need to disconnect something and reconnect something, but I am not sure what or how. I really just need clear, simple, step by step directions about what to do.  Apparently with the model I bought (Roku Premiere) I am not eligible for Roku support, only to post questions in the community! 

Can anybody advise?

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Moved from US to UK with my new Roku - how to get UK programming?

Jump to solution

Hi there! 

Thanks for the note. If you've relocated to a different country, you'll need to create a new Roku account in that region in order to have access to the channels (apps) available in that location. (similar to other Apps stores out there). As a reminder, make sure you manage any existing Roku billed subscriptions prior to creating your new account by logging into your account at my.roku.com - Some channels and services are not available in every region—this is determined by each channel provider. 

Once you create a new Roku account in that region, you'll need to factory reset your device, then link it to your new account. This should help get you back on track and allow you to search and install channels available in your new location. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

Rich_T
Level 9

Jump to solution

If its being fussy with your email address, then you may need to use an alternative email.

One quick thing to note, is that the BBC Iplayer service is a little bit fussy on what Roku devices it will work with, see here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/supported-devices/roku-nowtv

Those are the officialy supported devices, anything else will be on a a try and see basis ( and even then its not guaranteed to keep working)

6 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there! 

Thanks for the note. If you've relocated to a different country, you'll need to create a new Roku account in that region in order to have access to the channels (apps) available in that location. (similar to other Apps stores out there). As a reminder, make sure you manage any existing Roku billed subscriptions prior to creating your new account by logging into your account at my.roku.com - Some channels and services are not available in every region—this is determined by each channel provider. 

Once you create a new Roku account in that region, you'll need to factory reset your device, then link it to your new account. This should help get you back on track and allow you to search and install channels available in your new location. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

BCA
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you @RokuTannerD !  How do I create a new account given that my email address is already connected to my existing one - will deactivating the existing account free up my email address?  If so, is that immediate?  And finally, can you provide a link to the correct instructions for performing a factory reset? A Google search brings up loads of info and I want to be sure I use the correct info.  Thanks again in advance 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

The easiest way to reset a Roku is in the Settings menu, under System/Advanced system settings/Factory Reset. Tanner will have to answer your other question on Monday. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Rich_T
Level 9

Jump to solution

If its being fussy with your email address, then you may need to use an alternative email.

One quick thing to note, is that the BBC Iplayer service is a little bit fussy on what Roku devices it will work with, see here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/supported-devices/roku-nowtv

Those are the officialy supported devices, anything else will be on a a try and see basis ( and even then its not guaranteed to keep working)

BCA
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you!  I've done it with a different address just in case, and it was successful.  And iPlayer is working so far Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@BCA 

That's great to hear! If you choose to log into your former (old) account at my.roku.com and 'deactivate' it, you can then update your new account with your former email address. 

Enjoy the new content! 

Cheers,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos