Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itsthemeds
Level 7

Monthly Subscription/Billing Email

I signed up for a free 30 day subscription and completely forgot about it.  Three months later I see a list of monthly billings. How difficult is it for Roku to send out monthly emails with current subscriptions???  Or an email 3 days before a subscription is to be billed???  Seems like the right thing to do!!!  Anything else is slightly scammy in my opinion. Also why force a billing method on the account.  I'd much rather put in credit card details at the time of purchase (at least make that an option).  I'm a cord shaver because of the nasty billing practices that my cable company imposed. Roku seems to be following the same path. BE BETTER THAN THEM ROKU. 

2 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Monthly Subscription/Billing Email

I don't believe Roku bills anything. Each subscription service handles the billing for their channel. To my knowledge, the only way Roku might have been involved was facilitating the initial subscribing, but doesn't handle the billing itself.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Re: Monthly Subscription/Billing Email

"itsthemeds" wrote:
I signed up for a free 30 day subscription and completely forgot about it.  .... 

Subscription to what? Details might be helpful in determining how to resolve.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos