Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nullerror
Level 8

Marquee TV (arts) changes free trial from month to two week during activation. No way to complain.

Jump to solution

In the Roku Marquee TV (arts) app, the SUBSCRIPTION tab has two choices -- monthly and annual.

Both say Free Month Trial.  Chose one, it havests your Roku info, requiring just a unique password (good so far).  Then it announces that your free two week trial begins.

Bait and switch?  I hope not.  Fix it.  I want a free month as advertised.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Marquee TV (arts) changes free trial from month to two week during activation. No way to compla

Jump to solution

@nullerror 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's trial and subscription, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach them here: https://marquee.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Marquee TV (arts) changes free trial from month to two week during activation. No way to compla

Jump to solution

@nullerror 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's trial and subscription, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach them here: https://marquee.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
nullerror
Level 8

Jump to solution

Made it worse.   This bait and switch issue is now email harassment.

I must have gotten 15 duplicate emails in one day, all schooling me on billing problems, from this link you sent Roku Danny.

After responding to one of duplicate emails with details, I am now being sent emails saying I didn't do it the right way, I should repeat everything above the line.  

That's enough for me.  I used to work in the industry that marquee represents.  I know what pain the various great opera houses, performing arts theaters are going through right now.  For them to sign away their image and reputation to a content bundler for a small revenue stream really needs them to find a better packager.  This one doesn't seem to really have a grasp.  

I'm much less likely to recommend Roku or Marquee over the other methods (DVDs) for watching national institutions' repertoire.

A Roku vendor should not, inside the Roku app, give conflicting and contradictory information about a cost.    In a court that would be called bait and switch.

0 Kudos