Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory Accounts to Get into TV

Dear Roku,

Please forward this complaint directly to the sociopath who decided to make Roku accounts mandatory to use a TV.

I hope nothing but the worst for you. I hope you suffer in strange ways. I hope you never get cell phone reception. I hope your Amazon packages get misdelivered. And that whenever you order a McDonalds ice cream the machine is broken. 

May you suffer eternally for what your awful product design. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Re: Mandatory Accounts to Get into TV

You need an account to use a phone, you need an account to use cable tv, you need an account to use a computer, you need an account to use a bank, you need an account to have power, you need an account to use heat, you need an account to use email, you need an account to make any sort of payment. Basically 90% of things we do every day requires us to make an account. How is Roku any different? It takes about 1 minute to make a Roku account. 
FYI…….if you didn’t make an account with your electric supplier you won’t not even have been able to turn on your TV

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

Got to agree with sue to do almost anything these days you must have an account. The passwords for the accounts I have take up two full pages! So, don't like it does use a ROKU. I love my ROKU. Had one since 2009.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You can set up a Roku TV without a Roku account, but it will just be dumb TV with a horrible remote compared to what you may be used to.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.