Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bewildered
Channel Surfer

MLB.tv subscription purchased but will not activate

I purchased mlb.tv subscription and cannot activate. Went to mlb for help and they have no record of my purchase on ROKU. They have record of last year but not this year. Payment was made on 4/8/22. It is now 4/11/22 and no activation. Please help.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: MLB.tv subscription purchased but will not activate

On a computer or phone login to your Roku account.  Is your MLB.tv subscription listed?  If not you did not subscribe through Roku.  

0 Kudos
Bewildered
Channel Surfer

Yes my mlb.tv purchase is listed on my Roku account.

0 Kudos
Dricka-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hello Bewildered, We appreciate you contacting us. We will be reaching out to you via PM so that we can further assist you.

0 Kudos
Bewildered
Channel Surfer

Another day has passed and still no activation. Per MLB.TV, Roku needs to send confirmation to MLB.TV so I can be activated.

0 Kudos
patsal

I had the exact same problem.  So I've cancelled my payment to Roku and will instead make the payment directly to MLB.TV on their website.

0 Kudos
Hannah-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Bewildered, just checking in here. We sent you a private message yesterday - keep us posted! We'd like to help. 

Thanks for checking your account via @HDMIGuy's instructions. This is a great way to quickly check and see where the billing is coming from! 

@patsal, hi there! We're going to send you a private message so that we can look further into your situation as well. Thanks for your patience! 

0 Kudos
eazyeast10
Reel Rookie

Did you find a solution to this?  I am currently having the same exact issue and it's been over a week for me. 

MLB and Roku are just pointing fingers at each other for me - Roku says it's on MLB to find my subscription and MLB says it's on Roku to activate it since they are the ones who processed my payment.

Even worse - Roku charged 2 different cards under my account for this service.  They refunded one of them (to the wrong card of the 2 that I told them to refund) and because of that, they won't cancel my other charge, claiming that they've already refunded me - even though I still can't use MLB TV on Roku and am being prompted to upgrade still!!

I've spent multiple hours on the phone with both parties - Roku keeps telling me they will get to my request and get back to me - then they close my support ticket.  It's absolutely maddening

So, if you were able to get any kind of solution to not having access, I would really love to know!

0 Kudos
medic219

I have the same problem, not having an actual human to help me resolve the issue doesn't help either.  MLB says it's a Roku issue.

0 Kudos
eazyeast10
Reel Rookie

Sorry to hear that, this was an absolute nightmare.

What I did was continue to badger Roku over and over and explain to them that I wasn't able to use a service I had paid for.  Finally, they refunded it and I purchased it directly through MLB.

Even after that, Roku had the audacity to tell me that they normally don't do "favors" like this, and that they were making a special exception in this case...

My advice is to stay on Roku to process your refund and then cancel all your subscriptions through Roku - they are sketchy and have awful customer service.  Always just purchase directly through whatever service you are using.

Good luck @medic219 

0 Kudos