Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Lousy support

Jump to solution

This is a very dissatisfied customer! I bought an Roku Plus in May of 2019. It was not working properly and Roku said they would end up replacing it. I sent it to them on March 2nd, and still have not received my replacement Roku. They keep sending me emails saying that they will check and see what the problem is, but then I get an email that says according to their records now the problem is solved. It is extremely frustrating and I'm about ready to call Better Business Bureau and 7 On Your Side to make huge complaints. There is no phone number to contact anybody the other option is for me to drive an hour and a half down to Los Gatos and bang on their front door and demand to know what is going on with my replacement Roku. Anyone else have problems with service like this? It almost makes me want to buy different things to stream my shows.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Lousy support

Jump to solution

@Jsrea49  Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—this certainly isn't what we aim for. I've followed up with our support team, and they'll be in touch shortly to help get this resolved for you. 

Please feel free to send me a private message if you need any further assistance. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for reaching out to me. It is amazing what happens when you use the Community page rather than the support. I did get an email from support just after I got the email from you that stated I would be receiving the new Roku today. It was mailed yesterday. Amazingly there was no update earlier in the week saying it had been solved and was being mailed. I appreciate your efforts and in the future I will come here if I have a problem.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Jsrea49  Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—this certainly isn't what we aim for. I've followed up with our support team, and they'll be in touch shortly to help get this resolved for you. 

Please feel free to send me a private message if you need any further assistance. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for reaching out to me. It is amazing what happens when you use the Community page rather than the support. I did get an email from support just after I got the email from you that stated I would be receiving the new Roku today. It was mailed yesterday. Amazingly there was no update earlier in the week saying it had been solved and was being mailed. I appreciate your efforts and in the future I will come here if I have a problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Jsrea49  Glad to hear we've gotten things taken care of for you! We're always here to help if you have any questions. 

Happy Streaming!

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Tanner!

I am trying to set up my Roku Express to my tvs in my condo and once everything is plugged in, I follow the prompts in English and hook up to my WiF. Then is says: Update Available- Now your Roku player will get the greatest software. Once the update is installed, it will automatically restart.  It then going through the restart and then after a tune of R O K U displacement goes across my screen, it turns off! What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,

Mallory Larson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@larsonmallo19 

Thanks for the note.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I’m having a similar problem with my Roku Premiere I received yesterday. I’ve tried all the suggestions I’ve seen besides replacing the device. If it can’t be fixed I don’t want it at all. 

Eboni

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had trouble with one of my Roku Express players.  The other two were working fine.  I spent an hour looking for a contact point (phone number, email, chat) on the site.  Nothing!  I got very frustrated.  Then I stumbled onto the community site.  The least this company should do is put an email or chat under support (which is a laugh) so you can post a question.  I couldn't even find a way to post a comment on this community without just replying to this post.  I hope that Roku realizes the suggestions under their so called support section doesn't answer all questions.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@EboniJ 

Thanks for the note.

Can you please let us know what issue you are experiencing and what steps you have taken in troubleshooting.

We will be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I finally figured out how to correct the problem.  Thank you.  However, I would like a customer service phone number or email address so if I have further issues I can contact someone.  

0 Kudos